[LON-CAPA-dev] latest help question

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:40:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Scott,

> Given anybody's work with lonc/lond (and ability to describe things),
> I would greatly appreciate your help with answering the following
> help.lon-capa.org question.
>
> *** QUESTION ***
> http://help.loncapa.org/cgi-bin/fom?=&auth=cke336b032e701&editCmds=show&file=58
> Can reducing the number of servers in hosts.tab increase efficiency of
> my server?
>
> *** ANSWER ***
> Shortest answer=Yes.

Future Shortest Answer = No.

Future Shoter Answer = No. The lonc/lond connections are dymanically
brought up and down based off of the timeout field and the max number
of connections fields in hosts.tab

(Ron and I have chatted about ways to improve the lonc/d efficiency and
he is most likely this summer implement a timeout field for
connections and the ability to hve multiple lonc/d connections between
hosts that are talking to each other alot.)

--
albertel@msu.edu        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-9-4-  O-