[LON-CAPA-dev] lonparmset.pm

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:15:59 -0500

Robert,

Robert McQueen wrote:

> >Actually, we could have a problem if the parameters for something like
> >pscat come in
> >like
> >
> >pscat=duedate&pscat=answerdate&pscat=opendate

That is apparently how it indeed does come in. We never dealt with <select
multiple> before ... the above looks like one of those early-days-of-the-web
ideosyncrazies. The LON-CAPA code that deals with processing the form
submissions (adapted from standard-CGI-code-libs) does not deal with this.

> >In that case only the last occurance of that name value pair would
> >currently come over.
>
> WHY? [That's my original question.] :)

Now I got it. Sorry, I am slow.

The posted parameters get separated at the "&" into name-value pairs, and then
a loop runs over all of them and does

$ENV{'form.'.$name}=$value;

Thus, only the last occurance of $name gets stored. I will modify that some
time today. Check out lonacc.pm later today.

- Gerd.