[LON-CAPA-dev] Public Lists

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:34:52 -0500

Dear All:

> Guy asked that all lists be publically accessible on the web at one of
> our Tuesday meetings.  He explained to me that her prefers to keep
> things as open as possible until there is a problem and I agreed with
> him.

I do not care about preferences.  I care about reasonable
solutions.

> The code is open source, I don't see why discussing the code
> should be in private - just my opinion.

Again, the reason that I mentioned was that of security.

> Please reply to Guy if you have
> further difficulties with this.

Again, I like things being open, so where's the difficulty here?

THIS IS AN OPEN SOURCE PROJECT AND DECISIONS WILL BE MADE BY REASONABLE
DISCUSSION AND NOT BY ANY OTHER METHOD.

Everyone should feel free to reply to me if anyone would
like to discuss anything about this relatively minor issue
or anything else.

But don't ever tell me that something has to be a certain
way because so and so said so.

Regards,
Scott