[LON-CAPA-dev] Hung lond

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:20:50 -0500

Dear Gerd and Felicia:

> It would be great if somebody who has access to Konqueror could try with
> the old lond ON A DEVELOPMENT MACHINE if this indeed hangs lond, and
> then see if the new lond solves the problem. If verified, this should be
> moved to "STABLE" asap, since - if known to the students - this would be
> a great way to avoid homework.

is publicly viewable.

The solution to security is, of course, in the long term
not secrecy.

However, I continually freak out about somebody somehow
cracking one or more of the "100%" up-to-date installations,
despite a pretty good security design.

I suppose that if machines are just simply hung, then the security
issues are not immense.  So maybe I'm just proposing common sense
about when to/when not to discuss things on the listserv.

Additionally, we could make lon-capa-dev only viewable to members
which may/may not be advisable for a variety of reasons I imagine.

Regards,
Scott