[LON-CAPA-dev] upgrade > install

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 23:54:12 -0500

Two choices:

Have a great upgrade procedure

Have a great installation CD

Though RedHat finally got around to both improving and
reasonably releasing the CD installation code,
I have no wish to enjoy the anaconda-python adventure
again.

I look at the future in terms of:

* people do a RedHat 7.* install on their own
* and the web-based upgrade procedure takes care of the rest

(The web-based upgrade procedure should be deliverable on CD though)

Why on earth would I ever want to fill my mind with useless
knowledge about the intricacies of the RedHat installation
CD-ROM?  I think, yes, it truly does beat the insanity of
javascript.

Especially, when a great upgrade procedure has more to offer
to offer the future in a number of ways I think...

Regards,
Scott

--
Scott Harrison -- Graduate Student