[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: [Lon-capa-msu] Mailing Lists

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 17:17:32 -0500

Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As per today's meeting
>
> - Scott and Felicia should get together, and Scott should show Felicia
> how to add the new mailing list lon-capa-users

He sent me an email.  I still have to add
lon-capa-msu@mail.lon-capa.org.  I will keep this list private I think.

> - Helen needs to send felicia a computer readable list of the email
> addresses of all of the people at the lon-capa workshop, to be added
> to the lon-capa maillist

done and added

> - Helen, and jeremy need to get to felicia a list of the people who
> should be on the lon-capa-users maillist

everyone on the old lon-capa list has been added to lon-capa-users.  As
soon as I get the list from Helen and Jeremy, I can add others as well.
In the meantime, I was thinking of sending a message to
lon-capa-announce about the lon-capa-users list.

> - lon-capa will become a strictly announce style list, with people
> needing to get approval before posting to it, loncapa-users will
> become a more general discussion list

Done.  I will test it out later this week.

> - lon-capa, and lon-capa-users should become publiclly visiable
> maillists (the existance should show up on the mailman/listinfo page)

All 4 lists are publicly visable from
http://mail.lon-capa.org/listinfo.  Note the hyphen in "lon-capa".  Guy
can give you more details on this if you really care.

Felicia