[LON-CAPA-dev] Installing development version of LC

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:00:13 +0100

Hi Mark,

On 13.01.2010 21:49, Mark Lucas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got my development machine turned back on and am looking to install
> the latest development version of LC.
>
> (1) Is it in reasonably functional form?

Yes, go ahead!

> (2) Are there any packages that I need to have installed beyond the packages
> for the current release version?

This depends on the last time you updated. I assume you have configured
your server to use the development version of the LON-CAPA
prerequisites. Execute "yum update" (or whatever is needed on your
machine) to update all packages. A manual install should not be necessary.

> (3) Any other caveats?

The header will slightly change (enhanced floating). There are only
known some minor issues which are not really worth mentioning.

> I'm looking to install it to get a feel for the interface changes.
>
> Mark

Please file a bug for everything what you find dysfunctional. There is
"Product: LON-CAPA 3.0 Redesign" in bugzilla.

Stefan Bisitz