[LON-CAPA-dev] PDF Forms (was: New libraries, etc - need to install for CVS Head)

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 03 Apr 2009 19:39:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Mark,

This PDF Forms LON-CAPA Add On allows students to print their problems in a special way. The PDF document is built in such a way that form fields are created where the input fields would be on the screen. Big advantage is that no internet connection, even no LON-CAPA connection, is needed to give answers to the homework problems.

Once this is done, the students send their filled in PDF documents to their instructor (e-mail, etc.). He/She is provided with an interface to upload the PDF documents to LON-CAPA. The answers will be included in the standard LON-CAPA grading process just like they have been answered online.

By the way, I have mentioned the work-in-progress of these PDF forms in my presentation at the last conference in Vancouver.

Stefan Bisitz