[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: Catalog.pm missing

Stuart Raeburn lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:57:00 -0400

Stefan,

The issue here is that Catalog.pm was added to DateTime::Locale
sometime between version 0.35 and 0.40.  Although the most recent RPM
provided in core repositories for a number of Linux distros which
include DateTime::Locale is perl-DateTime-0.41, this package includes
Date::Time::Locale version 0.37, which apparently lacks
DateTime::Locale::Catalog.pm

The immediate solution is to get DateTime::Locale version 0.40. 0.41
or 0.42 from cpan.org.  An alternative solution, which will be
available later today, will be to use yum update (or up2date or yast,
depending on distro) to update perl-DateTime to perl-DateTime-0.4304
from the LON-CAPA repos in msu/testing on install.loncapa.org (as
discussed in
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-dev/2007-November/001852.html)

I'll post another message to this list when updated (version 0.4304)
RPMs have been created for perl-DateTime for affected distros/archs.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group