[LON-CAPA-dev] Automated version numbering in cvs

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:11:37 +0100

Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jan 25, 2008, at 4:22 AM, Stefan Bisitz wrote:
>

> > What is necessary to get a script using the automated version
> > numbering
> > process in cvs?
> >

> I am not sure what you mean.

Ok, this was not clear enough, sorry. I meant the header in each loncapa
script, e.g.

----------------
# The LearningOnline Network
# Login Screen
#
# $Id: lonlogin.pm,v 1.100 2008/01/24 15:06:21 bisitz Exp $
#
# Copyright Michigan State University Board of Trustees
#
# This file is part of the LearningOnline Network with CAPA (LON-CAPA).
#
# LON-CAPA is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
[...]

The cvs version number, last update date and update user is
automatically updated:
-> # $Id: lonlogin.pm,v 1.100 2008/01/24 15:06:21 bisitz Exp $

resetpw.pm has a header but without this cvs line.

My question was how this line could be added to a script so that cvs
will update this line each time when a new version of this script is
commited.

Stefan