[LON-CAPA-dev] Preview of 2.6.1 Release Announcement for LON-CAPA

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:39:34 -0500

Hi Stuart,

My suggestions are minor. I pulled out the fixes into three categories
to make the email easier to scan.  I also changed some minor language in
the bug fix list items such that they communicate that the item is a fix
and not an addition.  All of my suggestions begin on unquoted lines.

Felicia

> New Version 2.6.1 Released
> This is primarily a bug fix release for version 2.6.0.
> It is highly recommended to update 2.6.0 installations with 2.6.1

Bug Fixes:
> - Scores can
again
be assigned from uploaded clicker data
> - Display of completion status information is
properly
> suppressed
again
 > on "Navigate Contents" page for problems which have been set to
 > provide no feedback of any type (including sig fig. or unit errors).
> - The student's display of total points awarded in assignments within a
> folder shows correct values
on student grading screen again.
> - "Calculate Answers" in Construction Space works again to provide a
> preview of multiple versions of a problem resulting from randomization.
> - Ability to compose a message to a student when grading essay questions
> available again in the grading interface.
> - Points awarded to the student submitting a response to an essay
> question, are automatically awarded to any collaborators.
(is this a 2.6.0 fix or an old bug, wondering if such a nuance would be
worth noting here)
> - A Course Description can begin with an underscore.
Suggested Replacement: A Course Description beginning with an underscore
no longer prevents entry into course.
> - URLs of group home pages are now
properly
> updated in the new course when cloning from an existing course containing
 > groups.
> - Default values are filled in automatically when selecting a template
> in "parameters for response" in "Edit" mode in Construction Space.
Suggested Replacement: Templates for "parameters for response" in "Edit"
mode in Construction Space work again.
> - The pop-up window used when changing access dates or sections for
> multiple users all at once can now be opened by Internet Explorer.
 > - The size of the top frame containing inline navigation has been
 > increased so all buttons/icons/text are visible without the need for
 > scrolling.
 > - The location bar displayed when viewing a resource (with inline
 > navigation) is displayed in more cases.
 > - Interface in "User Preferences" for changing forwarding addresses
 > and/or notification email addresses updated to clarify difference
 > between the two. Documentation updated accordingly.

New Minor Additions:
> - A custom quota for a user's portfolio can now be set when first
> creating a new user account.
> - Help requests sent to a domain's helpdesk via the support form can now
> include Ccs on the email.
> - A "Cancel" button is provided when uploading a file to Construction
> Space, if upload would result in overwriting an existing file.
bug fix or new addition?
> - Either the "About Me" or "Modify User" page for each user, accessible
> from username links included in user lists, can be opened in a new window.
bug fix or new addition?
 > - A Domain Coordinator can replace the "User Authentication" image on
 > the log-in screen with a different image or with the text "Log-in",
 > with customized colors for text and background.
 > - A rotation angle can be specified for plot labels in dynamically
 > generated plots.

Localization/Translation Updates (affect non-English installations)

--
Felicia Berryman
LON-CAPA Support Coordinator