Guy Albertelli II
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:16:17 -0400 (EDT)
Couple more little things got added to 2.3.3.
Let me know if I have any typos, otherwise this'll be out today.
New Version 2.3.3 Released
This is a bugfix release. It's highly recommended to be installed.
(Especially those of you doing scantron exams)
Notable Changes from 2.3.2:
- scantron grading of exams that use the number format and 10 bubbles
would not grade bubble 10 corectly
- advanced search of domains works a again
- correct icons appear on resource with non-lowercase filenames
- corrections to internal caching system (results in some noticable
speedups, especially in the PARM screen and courses with long
- gnuplot in imageresponse no longer generates spurious dependencies
- publishing was incorrectly handling metadata tags with _ in them
- gnuplot support for Polar grids
- task can control the location that grading information is displayed using
- auto-enrollment email messages include the actual update text again;
more strings can be translated
- proctored slots work with encrypted urls
- drop down boxes in construction space would fail to work in IE7 sometimes
To install this update:
1) You will need to be running Fedora Core 5 or 6, RHEL (AS|ES) 4,
SUSE 9.3 or 10.1, SLES 9 or 10
(Fedora Core 4 or 3 should continue to work but are deprecated.)
2) If running Fedora, use yum to update your machine and then install the
LONCAPA-prerequisites (if not already installed).
yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
If running SUSE 9.3 or SLES 9, use you to update your machine.
If running SUSE 10.1 or SLES 10, use rug to update your machine.
if running RHEL, use up2date to update your machine.
3) Download the new LON-CAPA tarball from
and untar it
tar xzvf loncapa-2.3.3.tar.gz
4) stop the Lon-CAPA system services
5) stop the webserver:
SUSE 9.X/SLES 9:
SUSE 10.1/SLES 10:
6) Run the UPDATE script as root
7) restart the Lon-CAPA system services
8) restart the webserver:
SUSE 9.X /SLES 10.1:
1) Many questions are answered at http://help.lon-capa.org
2) Defects reports, and enhancements requests can be entered at
3) Mailing lists can be joined and left at http://mail.lon-capa.org