[LON-CAPA-dev] Future Directions Ideas

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:05:37 -0400

Hi,

So, here are three things from my current perspective:

* User Interface: MSU will soon change the wording on accessibility
requirements, and eventually, section 508 compliance will become a
requirement, not only for federally funded projects. So, I think we
need to put further work into interface cleanup, CSS-ing, and
unification, and then work through the issues that were identified in
our accessibility review. I am currently in the process of trying to
get additional funding for that, but it is unclear if and when that
would be available. But we need to do this in any case.

* Portfolio: MSU rejected OSP as an "amorphous blob", where the user
needs to make way to many decisions and configurations BEFORE having
the content available - the interface was seen as "upside down."
ANGEL's portfolio is "not quite there yet" (according to MSU), since
what it produces as access to the files "looks too ugly" to be
presentable. But ANGEL will likely catch up after their 7.2-release.

* Clickers: MSU will recommend iClicker and einstruction as clickers
of choice, where einstruction will have a way to register the
clickers through ANGEL rather than off-site. Same for iClicker. We
should have that ability, if possible, by fall.

- Gerd.