[LON-CAPA-dev] Future Directions

lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:28:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, what is the current status of the idea of
drill/practice problems? I'm talking about the  ability to use problems we
have in a slightly different mode where students are provided the problems
for practice, but extensive record keeping is not done and it is not
expected that students all get the same problem. The includes
the possibility of creating a "pool" type resource which can hand problems
to a student in a semi-intelligent manner.

I know there are people already doing this in some forms, but I'm curious
what the current state of the art is and whether this can be addressed
more formally.

Later,
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701