[LON-CAPA-dev] 220.127.116.11 pre-announce
Guy Albertelli II
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:37:54 -0500 (EST)
18.104.22.168 preannounce, I'm hoping to install this on MSU servers
tommorrow or the next day.
New Testing Version 22.214.171.124 Released
This release is not expected to be installed on live production servers.
Notable Changes from 126.96.36.199:
- PGRD hand grade functional again
- string/numerical/formula hints functional again
- numerical/formulahints can use the new multi answer syntax
- <hiddenline/> works with string/numerical/formula response again
- analyze works on the new multi answer type of numerical/formula
- help added to slot interface
- message screen revamped
- 'New Messages' removed in favor of better overall
filtering display of message controls
- more actions can be done on checked messages
- PARM could display incorrect info in the 'Parameter in Effect' column
- support request screen prepared for translation
- Discussion added back to .page
- fixes to printing with missing fonts
- fixes to printing wrapped figures
To install this update:
1) You will need to be running Fedora Core 4 or 5, RHEL (AS|ES) 4,
SUSE 9.3 or 10.1, SLES 9 or 10
(Fedora Core 3 should continue to work but is deprecated.)
2) If running Fedora, use yum to update your machine and then install the
LONCAPA-prerequisites (if not already installed).
yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
If running SUSE 9.3 or SLES 9, use you to update your machine.
If running SUSE 10.1 or SLES 10, use rug to update your machine.
if running RHEL, use up2date to update your machine.
3) Download the new LON-CAPA tarball from
and untar it
tar xzvf loncapa-188.8.131.52.tar.gz
4) stop the Lon-CAPA system services
5) stop the webserver:
SUSE 9.X/SLES 9:
SUSE 10.1 /SLES 10:
6) Run the UPDATE script as root
7) restart the Lon-CAPA system services
8) restart the webserver:
SUSE 9.X /SLES 10.1:
1) Many questions are answered at http://help.lon-capa.org
2) Defects reports, and enhancements requests can be entered at
3) Mailing lists can be joined and left at http://mail.lon-capa.org