[LON-CAPA-dev] 2.1.3 - httpd failed

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:44:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> OK, managed to get it running. Seems that there are two problems.
>
> 1. httpd is missing from /usr/sbin

We have recently traced this to be likely some kind of interaction
between 'yum update' and the 'prelink' cron script.

Installing 2.1.3 does not cause this.

Your httpd executable was missing before you even downloaded ver 2.1.3

We are still trying to figure out exactly what causes this.

> 2. libmm.so.13 -> libmm.so.13.0.20 - file and link are missing from /usr/lib

Fedora has released an updated version of the libmm RPM that installs
libmm.so.14 (and thus removes the older libmm.so.13)

We have released an updated apache RPM that makes use of this updated
libmm and no longer needs the older one.

(For Fedora 4, apache-1.3.33-1.i386.rpm required libmm.so.13
and apache-1.3.33-1.i386.rpm requires libmm.so.14)

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137