[LON-CAPA-dev] Installing Modules for LON-CAPA

GARRETT, DONNELL MAZON lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:01:42 -0400

Hi

That sounds great about you adding Math::Complex and
Math::Cephes::Matrix.  If those were added, I'm sure that 99% of our
problems would go away.  Is there any way you can tell me when you plan
to implement those two (or similar modules) into CAPA?

Also, I understand about not allowing for arbitrary modules to be added
into the CAPA problem sets, that makes sense.  However, how is that
different from a .library file?  For now, until you guys add
Math::Complex and Math::Cephes::Matrix (or similar modules), the
.library route seems to be the way to go.  With the .library file, it
sounds like we can create our own functions that we can deploy
throughout our .problem sets.  That sounds good, since that was I was
originally after to begin with.  However, I am a bit confused.  How is
adding a .library file not add bloat while a module does?

Where can I find information about the creation and installation of
.library files?  Until the two modules are installed, that sounds like
how we should proceed.

Thank you so much,
Donnell