[LON-CAPA-dev] dependency bug in LONCAPA-prerequisites-1-7.suse?

Martin Siegert lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:57:50 -0700

Hi Stuart,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 05:50:29PM -0400, Stuart Peter Raeburn wrote:
> Martin,
>
> It looks like the krb5-libs dependency mistakenly made its way into
> LONCAPA-prerequisites 1.7 for SuSE 9.2 in early October when the
> perl-DateManip dependency was added.
>
> I'll build a corrected LONCAPA-prerequisites for SuSE 9.2 (x86 and x86_64
> versions) in the next couple of days, once I have had an opportunity to
> repurpose build machines that were being used for SLES 9 and SuSE 10.0.

Since we still have all those 9.2 machines I could easily build that
rpm so that you don't have to rebuild a machine just for that rpm.

> Out of curiosity, do you plan to continue with SuSE 9.2 for the foreseeable
> future, or do you have a timetable for migrating the SFU LON-CAPA servers
> to SuSE 9.3 or 10.0?

I usually do not upgrade machines just because there is a newer version
out there. However, if you would like to drop support for 9.2 we
should be able to upgrade to 9.3 without big problems.

I have no experience yet with opensuse/10.0 - I simply have not
had the time to play with that.

Cheers,
Martin