[LON-CAPA-dev] RFC: XML for <imageresponse> rewrite

Guy Ashkenazi lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:02:02 +0200

>> <numericalresponse unit="N/m" answer="15">
>> <responseparam name="tolerance" type="tolerance" default="3%" />
>> </numericalresponse>
>>
>> seems to follow a different philosophy.
>
> Because it right now only (in most usage) accepts a single number.

I think what Gerd is trying to say is that although a vector is
characterized by two numbers, the input accepts a single click on an
image. Gerd's tolerance refers to the click coordinates, while Guy's
tolerance refers to the interpreted result.
I'm with Gerd on this one - we should be tolerant to the user's mode
of response. The student does not calculate the angle and length of
the vector separately and reports it as two numbers, but graphically
appreciates where the vector's head should be in relation to the
diagram, and should be graded on this.

    Guy.