[LON-CAPA-dev] 2.0.2 pre announce
Guy Albertelli II
Sat, 1 Oct 2005 03:14:41 -0400 (EDT)
So this 2.0.2 is running on MSU machines.
Let me know if I got any typos.
New Version 2.0.2 Released
Some nice cleanups here and there, I'd highly suggest installing.
Notable Bug Fixes:
- 'View Recent Activity' works again
- zombied resources could cause resources to not appear in DOCS
- course db file is once again built from scratch on login
- resource metadata was being cached for 24 hours rather than the expected
- CODEs are really the specified length
- handgrade problems no longer show up with a difficulty of 1.0 in the
- more help on printing added
- encrypted urls were failing to work correctly on SuSE 9.2
- system wide browse possible with a custom role
- lots of bridge task updates
- submitting a file with , in the name no longer confuses essayresponse
- assigning a grade to everone in a class works again
- .exam extension applies to all parts now
- can disable the automatic addition of points to the printout
- modify parameters sorts them more intelligently
- CSV upload creation of slots
To install this update:
1) You will need to be running Fedora Core 2 or 3 or 4, RHEL ES 4,
Suse 9.2 or 9.3
2) If running Fedora, use yum to update your machine and then install the
LONCAPA-prerequisites (if not already installed).
yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
If running SuSE, use you to update your machine.
if running RHEL, use up2date to update your machine.
3) Download the new LON-CAPA tarball from
and untar it
tar xzvf loncapa-2.0.2.tar.gz
4) Run the UPDATE script as root
5) restart the Lon-CAPA system services
6) restart the webserver:
Fedora/Red Hat Enterprise:
1) Many questions are answered at http://help.lon-capa.org
2) Defects reports, and enhancements requests can be entered at
3) Mailing lists can be joined and left at http://mail.lon-capa.org