[LON-CAPA-dev] Shibbolith

lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:39:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

As our recent kerberos issues get resolved (it was actually a DNS
problem), I've been told that the system people would really prefer that
we use Shibbolith (sp?), which has been adopted by a number of
universities in our state, for authentication.

(1) Any thoughts on the matter?

(2) Presumably, this can be done with local authentication.

(3) This might also be implemented as a larger scale solution (more like
kerberos) if it is thought to be a global enough system.

Later,
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701