[LON-CAPA-dev] /adm/rat/empty.html and safari

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 25 May 2005 17:09:58 -0400

On May 25, 2005, at 4:46 PM, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> My Safari's are doing odd things with
>
> win=window.open('/adm/rat/empty.html'...)
> win.open(...)
> win.writeln()
>
> They seem to be ignoring the .wirteln (at lesat the window statys
> empty)
>
> I found that removing the /adm/rat/empty.html from the window.open
> seems to fix it.
>
> Do you know of any reason I should do that?

In the previous version in CVS, it was misspelled to say '/rat/adm/'
- just to explain my most recent commit.

There are browsers that need something in the open statement, I
believe Internet Explorer to be one of them. I believe there is a
function in lonhtmlcommon or loncommon which does the right thing for
each browser to get a new empty window.

- Gerd.