[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: [LON-CAPA-users] Mac and JME

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 25 May 2005 16:44:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gerd,

> > Can you figure out what version of Java you have on this machine and
> > what version is being used?
>

> Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.2_07
> Using JRE version 1.4.2_07 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
>
> The JME Editor Applet actually does run from s10, but "Insert Answer"
> is kaputt. After doing the geek hack with the debug menu (BTW, really
> cool!), this is the info I am getting when pressing "Insert Answer":
>
> java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol
> undefined

Blah, that is just a freaking weird error.

Okay, I am giving up hope on Safari with java 1.4.2

And I can't convince Mozilla/Firefox to use something other that Java 1.3.1

Opera it is. (They ship their own java implementation with their browser.)

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-6-