[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: [LON-CAPA-users] Mac and JME

Jim Maxka lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 24 May 2005 21:32:20 -0700

Hi Mark Gerd and Guy -- Shawn uses a mac.  I passed your posts by him
and he replied:  He has tested out both jmol and jme with OS X. We had
problems with system 9, 8.5 worked if I remember correctly.
Here is his reply:

page http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/
 >java2se50release1.html) once installed you can then specify it as the
default java used or it will use 1.4.2 (which is installed by >default
on 10.4) /Applications/Utilities/Java/J2SE 5.0/Java Pref. allows you  do
to this. It is suppose to just automatically switch to >1.5 if the  app
uses it, but I switched mine to 1.5 and sites such as peoplesoft  work a
lot better. Im not sure though about 10.3 with >java 1.3 and  1.4.2
installed if they included a way to do this. Im sure a command  line way
is possible. Also I found a way to install >1.5 on 10.3.
 >http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?
story=2005043002313964&query=java+1.5