[LON-CAPA-dev] Problems with images in HTML files created with MS-Word
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:02:45 -0400
On Sep 26, 2004, at 6:24 PM, Ricardo Luis Kulzer wrote:
> I am having the same problem when I saved a file .html containing
> images using the MS-FrontPage 2002.
> Does anyone have any idea of how to solve the problem (except the
> simple "try another editor")?
Just some ideas:
* That LON-CAPA removed all the Microsoft-stuff from the <HTML>-tag
should not make a difference in the rendering of images, the outgoing
header looks functional to me
* Are the image files published? The source file and all its
dependencies need to be published! This is the most typical problem.
* Uppercase/lowercase: Windows filesystem is not case-sensitive, URLs
are - could that be the problem?
* Do you see any warnings during the publication of your file?
* The Macromedia Dreamweaver editor has a very handy function called
"Clean Up Word HTML," which removes all the Microsoft-junk from your
* LON-CAPA really would like to have XHTML, so empty-tags (like img or
meta) should be <empty/> or <empty /> - but it usually works fine with
* After publishing the files, do you see <allow src="..." /> for your
image files in the source code? If not, LON-CAPA did not pick up on the
<img />-tags (how is the source specified in there?).
* Yes, Microsoft products produce very bad HTML ... I recommend
Macromedia Dreamweaver, particularly in XHTML-mode.