[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: updated dependencies list

Martin Siegert lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:02:13 -0700

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:30:41PM -0400, Matthew Brian Hall wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> >just a few questions:
> >
> >1) you no longer list perl-Digest-HMAC, perl-Net-SNMP, swig, guile:
> >   those are no longer needed?
>
> perl-Digest-HMAC / Digest::MD5 are included in the default perl-5.8.3 rpm
> so it isn't listed (and I had forgotten about it completely).

Ah. perl-Digest-HMAC is separate on SuSE. I've added it back in.

> The perl-Net-SNMP was unneccessary - we needed perl-Net-SMTP which is
> included in the perl-5.8.3 rpm, so it's not listed.  It's part of
> perl-libnet if you need to find a package of it.
>
> swig, flex, and bison are required - Guy corrected me on this on IRC.
>
> guile - I'm not sure we explictly need it - perhaps it's a sub-dependency.

I think I added this myself: swig depends on guile.

> >2) you list perl-Authen-Krb4 = 1.1-1.loncapa which suggests that you
> >   applied a specific loncapa patch to the source, correct?
> >   Can I get that patch?
>
> I think we mentioned this earlier.  The Authen::Krb4 module we compiled for
> FC2 segfaulted after 2 authentications so we ended up dumping the
> statically linked Krb4.so file from our ancient 7.3 installation.  You
> don't use Krb4 authentication, do you?  Ignore this requirement if you can.

Yes, I forgot. But If I do not install it, I have to modify the lond code.
Thus, I guess for now I can get away with installing it, even if it does not
work.

Cheers,
Martin