[LON-CAPA-dev] automatic enrollment

H. K. Ng lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:39:58 -0500

Hi,

I am finally in the process of implementing the automatic enrollment. I am
able to connect to the data base using a standalone script and download the
data and using that to populate the courses. However, when I incorporate it
into lon-capa, I get this message

There was a problem retrieving institutional class list data for the course
sections and crosslisted courses which contribute enrollment to this
course. No updates have been carried out, and the roster remains unchanged.

Question1: Where do I look for what happened? I checked the usual logs http
and lonnet.
Question2+: What should go into the fields <autharg> and <authtype>? How do
they differ? We use local authentication via LDAP.

Thanks,
hk