[LON-CAPA-dev] hinttries

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:05:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> A separate Q. CAPA allows the user to set the number of tries before a hint
> is shown. I have a number of users who wanted that feature. Old habits die
> hard! - hk

Aye, this feature already exists but is hidden from sight, I have
unhidden it for 1.2, if you want to use it today,

1) to have it available system wide on your servers add

part&hinttries&display:Number of Tries before hints appear
part&hinttries&type:int_pos
part&hinttries&default:1

To the file /home/httpd/lonTabs/packages.tab

2) to just have avialable in a specfic problem, or to change the
   default value for a problem, add to the problem

  <parameter description="Number of Tries before hints appear"
             type="int_pos"
             default="1"
             name="hinttries" />

Of course default should be set to whatever you'd like it to be.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-7-