[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: MIME::Lite MIME::Types perl modules

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:17:13 -0400

Hello everybody,

I have started a yum respository on install.loncapa.org for Fedora updates.
I have made packages of gnuplot-4.0.1, perl-MIME-Lite, and perl-MIME-Types
available.  Those of us running Fedora systems should add the following to
their /etc/yum.conf file:

[loncapa-updates]
name= Fedora Core $releasever LON-CAPA Updates
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/fedora/linux/loncapa/$releasever/$basearc
       http://install.loncapa.org/fedora/linux/loncapa/$releasever/noarch

Executing

yum install perl-MIME-Types perl-MIME-Lite

should download and install the needed packages.  You are expected to have
your system fully updated, by the way, so doing a 'yum update' before this
is probably a good idea.

Anyone interested in how to create a yum repository should see
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/tony_smith/yum/.

Matthew

ps. The following is for those who have modified their yum.conf file to
include more rpm sources:

The Dag APT Repository [dag] has a package for perl-MIME-Lite which appears
to be an earlier version and which yum really wants to install.  So it may
be best to remove [dag] from your yum.conf until I'm bright enough to figure
out why and what to do about it.