[LON-CAPA-dev] standalone machine w/o internet connection

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:07:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> > > Does loncapa (now) requires internet connection for it to allow
> > > logins?
> >
> >No.
> >
> >However you will _need_ to have updated eveyrthing to yesterday.
> >
> >If you don't have my changes to loncapafiles.lpml from yesterday you
> >will be unable to get a machine working.
>
> I installed version 1.1.99.0, not the development software. It allows me to
> login if the laptop is connected to the internet but shortly after I
> disconnect the internet it will not let me login. -hk

That is strange, can you send me the results of

ifconfig
route

from both before and after you unplug the network

and also the contents of
/etc/hosts
and
hosts.tab
?

(sorry taking so long, I'm in Boston right now.)
--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-1-