[LON-CAPA-dev] Fedora users only: yum configuration file update (please read before updating to latest CVS)

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:29:06 -0400

Hello everybody,

This message is only for those running Fedora.

Before doing your next

cvs update; cd loncapa/loncom/build; make build; make install;

cycle, be sure to edit your /etc/yum.conf and remove whatever sections exist
for the loncapa repositories.

I have just checked in some code which will automatically modify the yum and
MySQL configuration files.  Hopefully this means I will no longer need to
send out emails about modifying your /etc/yum.conf file.  Unfortunately, due
to the need for consistent naming, the names of the LON-CAPA yum
repositories have been changed.  Removing all mention of the LON-CAPA yum
repositories from your /etc/yum.conf file will cause the configuration
update to occur with the new names.  Failure to do this will probably not
damage your system in any way, but I make no guarantees.  yum has a logic
all its own sometimes and I can imagine it might get confused.

In order to forestall one of the expected questions I'm likely to receive
tomorrow morning:  Yes, if your machine is running Fedora, this means you
have to do this.

If you have any questions or if my code eats your computer, please let me
know.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           hallmat3@msu.edu
LON-CAPA developer