[LON-CAPA-dev] Fedora only: LONCAPA prerequisites rpm and yum

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:31:27 -0400

Hi all,

The following is for Fedora systems only:

I've been working the last couple of days on a LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm.
This rpm only specifies the dependencies and conflicts for LONCAPA and does
not contain any LONCAPA code.  Nevertheless it will be a useful way for us
to keep the Fedora machines up to date with our every growing list of
dependencies.

Please modify your /etc/yum.conf file to contain the following two entries
(note: this is different from my earlier yum.conf instructions):

[loncapa-updates]
name= Fedora Core $releasever LON-CAPA i386 Updates
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/fedora/linux/loncapa/$releasever/$basearc

[loncapa-updates-noarch]
name= Fedora Core $releasever LON-CAPA noarch Updates
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/fedora/linux/loncapa/$releasever/noarch

Once that is done issue the following commands to get and install the
LONCAPA dependencies:

# yum update

# yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites

Please get back to me if you run into any trouble or have any difficulty.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           hallmat3@msu.edu
LON-CAPA developer
Michigan State University