[LON-CAPA-dev] Roles sort order

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:14:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

I have commited a change that modifies the order that roles sort
somewhat.
It is fairly tweakable so let me know what you think of this.

The order now is

- any Author role
- all co-Author roles sorted by username of co-author
- all Course roles sorted first by Course Name then by the rol in the
   course  (Meaning if in course "Test" you are CC/IN/ST, and in course
            "Real" you are TA/ST you'd see-
         Student             --- Real
         Teaching Assistant  --- Real
         Course Coordinator  --- Test
         Instructor          --- Test
         Student             --- Test
- All Domain wide roles, first sorted by Role then by domain

I did this because sorting courses by internal Id number was silly.

I also thought that i might be better to sort the student role for a
course to be near the Course Coordinator role for a course (reduce
mousing distance to switch between test roles in a course)

If you wat I can easily revert back to sorting by role first and then
'Extent'.

If you like this, then I will also do this to the role display in
User Roles Modify screen.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-3-