[LON-CAPA-dev] problems starting after update to 1.0.99.1

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:37:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi Gabe,

> Greetings.  After running the update script from v1.0.2 to update
> to 1.0.99.1, i can no longer successfully start lon-capa

If you have CVS access you can pull down the new versions of loncnew
and LondConnection.pm

If not do

/etc/init.d/loncontrol stop
/etc/init.d/loncontrol startold

for now.

I will likely put out a 1.0.99.2 sometime today.

> A couple days ago , lonc was just beginning to show connections to
> s17.lite.msu.edu (the four domains hosted there?)   all other
> connections were still reporting conn_lost status in the reports.
> I woudl guess that this is due to the cmich domain not being in
> other servers domain tabs?   I am a bit shakey on this point.

That is correct.

> I thought that you might perhaps wish to know about this error
> case?

Always happy to hear about this that aren't working.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-2-