Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Remote access to LON-CAPA CVS server

From: Stuart Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:21:55 -0400

All,

Due to a recent network change at MSU, there has been a change in the  
types of authenticated access suported for the LON-CAPA CVS repository  
for hosts outside msu.edu.

LON-CAPA cvs access remains available to anyone via the web interface:
(http://zaphod.lite.msu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/),
and also via command line access for users with cvs accounts.

However, if you have a local copy of the LON-CAPA cvs repository  
checked out on a host outside msu.edu you will need to change some  
settings for command line access.

The FAQ-o-matic document about LON-CAPA CVS has been updated with  
information about what needs to be done to permit continued use of cvs  
commands by users with existing checked out local repositories who  
currently use pserver authentication.

See: http://help.loncapa.org/fom/cache/92.html

The Developer Information page on the installation site
(http://install.loncapa.org/dev.html) has also been updated with  
instructions for new repository checkouts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group