Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] LON-CAPA file upload and possible crashes

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:39:12 -0400

Hi,

I'm having problems with my access servers crashing due to sudden high
memory usage. This has happened 4 or 5 times in the last two weeks.

This all corresponds with the time that our Calc-based physics people
are uploading labs. I've got this niggling fear that some of these
people are uploading huge files (10+ MB), but how would that mess us up?

Is there something else I should be looking for that might bloat the
memory and freeze things up?

Later,
Mark

-- 
Mark Lucas                                      email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab                             phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:12:21 -0400

Hi,

We have been experiencing similar issues just when a problem came  
online that requires uploading of files. One thing we need to find out  
is somehow we are loading all of the files into memory first instead  
of more of less "streaming" them.

- Gerd.

On Oct 30, 2008, at 8:39 PM, Mark Lucas wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev