Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] help/documentation about Internationalization

From: Stefan Bisitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:08:03 +0200

Hi,

I am in search for help about LON-CAPA Internationalization.

In the LON-CAPA online help I found:
--------
1  Adding a Handler to LON-CAPA
[...]
1.6  Internationalization
[...]
For more complete information about Internationalization and
Localization, please refer to the Internationalization chapter.
--------
A "developer manual" is mentioned there, too.

Where can I find all this documentation? Is there any official
documention available about how the <languageblock> works and about
Internationalizion in general? There are still many unsolved issues
concerning this topic.
See also
http://zaphod.lite.msu.edu/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4816

Thanks for any help,

Stefan Bisitz

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 22:15:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Stefan,

> A "developer manual" is mentioned there, too.

Looks like the developer manual currently fails to build. It was to be
based off the developer.manual.texxml in loncapa/doc/help

and should be built by 
perl render.texxml.pl -- developer.manual ../../loncom/html/adm/help/eps/
perl texxml2indextex.pl -- developer.manual.texxml > developer.manual.access.tex

But is failing right now. I'll see if I can beat back into shape.

The internationalization chapter was to have been what you get when
you do

perldoc loncapa/loncom/localize/lonlocal.pm

> documention available about how the <languageblock> works

Doesn't appear to be any that I know of right now. But as the bug
below shows the current implementation may need to change.

> and about Internationalizion in general?

We asre using Locale::Maketext for the underpinnings of the interface
internationalization. From what I can tell it should be a fairly
complete tool for getting this all to work.

> There are still many unsolved issues concerning this topic.

What issues do you see as being unresolved?

-- 
[email-masked]   0-7-0-9-27,137