Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Resource ids

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:32:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

	A quick question - does the top level sequence have a resource id?
All resources under it have an id. Is there a default people have been
using? (Unless there's a precedent - and nobody knows of a problem with it 
- I'll use rid=0 internally to lonparmset to represent course level 
defaults.)

					Thanks,
					    Mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Jason Stredwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:49:24 -0400

Hi Mark,

Gerd and I have been using 0.0 for the id for the top level resource. 
You can see this in lontest, where you change the url to adm/test after 
loading a class.  You will see that ids_/res/.../top.sequence is 0.0

Jason