Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] MIME::Lite MIME::Types perl modules

From: "Stuart Peter Raeburn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:59:48 -0400

Hi all, 

Note: new perl modules are required for the version of lonsupportreq.pm in 
CVS head. 

loncom/interface/lonsupportreq.pm v. 1.5 uses the following perl modules: 

MIME::Lite (http://search.cpan.org/~yves/MIME-Lite-3.01/)
MIME::Types (http://search.cpan.org/~markov/MIME-Types-1.13/) 

RPMs are available as follows: 

Fedora core 2 RPMs:
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/2/i386/SRPMS.stable/perl-MIME-Types- 
1.13-0.fdr.3.2.src.rpm
http://download.atrpms.net/production/sources/fedora-2-i386/atrpms/perl-MIME 
 -Lite-3.01-1.rhfc2.at.src.rpm 

Red Hat 7.3 RPMs:
http://download.atrpms.net/production/packages/redhat-7.3-i386/atrpms/perl-M 
IME-Lite-3.01-1.rh7.3.at.noarch.rpm 

MIME::Lite is a lightweight package for generating MIME messages that does 
not require the much larger MIME::tools package. 

Stuart

---

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:17:13 -0400

Hello everybody, 

I have started a yum respository on install.loncapa.org for Fedora updates.  
I have made packages of gnuplot-4.0.1, perl-MIME-Lite, and perl-MIME-Types 
available.  Those of us running Fedora systems should add the following to 
their /etc/yum.conf file: 

[loncapa-updates]
name= Fedora Core $releasever LON-CAPA Updates
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/fedora/linux/loncapa/$releasever/$basearc 
h
       http://install.loncapa.org/fedora/linux/loncapa/$releasever/noarch 

Executing 

yum install perl-MIME-Types perl-MIME-Lite 

should download and install the needed packages.  You are expected to have 
your system fully updated, by the way, so doing a 'yum update' before this 
is probably a good idea. 

Anyone interested in how to create a yum repository should see 
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/tony_smith/yum/. 

Matthew 

ps. The following is for those who have modified their yum.conf file to 
include more rpm sources: 

The Dag APT Repository [dag] has a package for perl-MIME-Lite which appears 
to be an earlier version and which yum really wants to install.  So it may 
be best to remove [dag] from your yum.conf until I'm bright enough to figure 
out why and what to do about it. 

Stuart Peter Raeburn writes: 

> http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/2/i386/SRPMS.stable/perl-MIME-Type 
> s- 1.13-0.fdr.3.2.src.rpm
> http://download.atrpms.net/production/sources/fedora-2-i386/atrpms/perl-MI 
> ME -Lite-3.01-1.rhfc2.at.src.rpm  
> 
> Red Hat 7.3 RPMs:
> http://download.atrpms.net/production/packages/redhat-7.3-i386/atrpms/perl 
> -M IME-Lite-3.01-1.rh7.3.at.noarch.rpm  
> 
> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev 
> 

 ---------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           [email-masked]
LON-CAPA developer
Michigan State University
 ---------------------------------------