Subject: Re: [LON-CAPA-dev] lonparmset.pm

From: "Robert McQueen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:17:39 -0500

Gerd,

>From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [LON-CAPA-dev] lonparmset.pm
>Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:28:52 -0500
>
>Robert,
>
>Robert McQueen wrote:
>
> > Gerd,
> >
> >     I was mistaken in the last email.  Apparently the pscat[] notation 
>does
> > work, but just not as I thought it would.  It acually creates a new
> > reference with the name pscat[] instead of pscat.  I was expecting it to
> > still use the pscat reference and allow multiple values to be passed to 
>it
> > [like an array]. :P
>
>Okay, so I will not need to change lonacc.pm.
>
>$ENV{'form.pscat'} will represent just one entry from the multiple list.
>
>$ENV{'form.pscat[]'} does respresent all selected entries.
>
>Correct?

No :'(

{{This would be a lot easier to explain in-person or in a phone 
conversation...laughing out loud.}}

Okay, what happens is that you get the exact same input as before except 
instead of receiving values for the attribute name "pscat", you are now 
receiving values for the attribute name "pscat[]".  Thus, you have only 
changed the reference name....THAT'S IT.  So Gerd, ya still gotta change 
lonacc.pm.  You didn't think I'd be able to solve my own problem did ya???  
;)

But to back-track, what I was trying to explain earlier, upon reading your 
php reference, is that I was expecting that by placing "pscat[]" in the 
html, it would reference "pscat" as an array value not a scalar and thus 
accept more than one input.  But obviously, that is TOTALLY NOT the case, 
seeing as how I was missing the whole lonacc.pm [parsing] part of the 
equation.

Apparently, sometimes the simplest of things can be the hardest things to 
explain.  [This is probably because you were expecting a much more 
sophisticated question.  But that's okay, because in time they shall come.]

Later,

Robert

>
>- Gerd.
>
>_______________________________________________
>LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:28:41 -0500

Robert McQueen wrote:

> So Gerd, ya still gotta change
> lonacc.pm.

Okay, I just did. Currently, this is for method=post only, but that is probably
what you have. Let me know what happens.

- Gerd.