Subject: Re: [LON-CAPA-dev] lonparmset.pm

From: "Robert McQueen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:52:59 -0500

Gerd,

    I was mistaken in the last email.  Apparently the pscat[] notation does 
work, but just not as I thought it would.  It acually creates a new 
reference with the name pscat[] instead of pscat.  I was expecting it to 
still use the pscat reference and allow multiple values to be passed to it 
[like an array]. :P

     By allowing multiple params to be selected and having the part 
selection be it's own option, the immediate task of allowing certain params 
to be displayed for "all parts" should be equivalent to allowing certain 
params to be displayed for a specific part.  The way I am attempting to do 
this internally is by simpling concatenating the part specification to the 
selected param(s).  If "all parts" is chosen then I will perhaps have a loop 
go through and concatenate as if all parts offered in the list had actually 
been chosen.  Yes, some re-working will need to be done, but that's to be 
expected.  I'm thinking along the lines of replacing the scalar input 
variables with arrays.

    Also, after I thought about it more, perhaps it would have been clearer 
to originally describe the situation as receiving "multiple 
values/selections for a given input."  But who has time for perfection?  ;)

Later,

Robert

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:28:52 -0500

Robert,

> still use the pscat reference and allow multiple values to be passed to it

Okay, so I will not need to change lonacc.pm.

$ENV{'form.pscat'} will represent just one entry from the multiple list.

$ENV{'form.pscat[]'} does respresent all selected entries.

Correct?

- Gerd.