Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] 1.2

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:41:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

Just another reminder if there is _anything_ you want in 1.2 _PLEASE_
send me an email.

Otherwise it will _NOT_ be going in.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-9-

---

From: Jim Maxka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:21:37 -0700

Hi Guy -- I have some interesting applications with the gnuplot, but to 
make the apps look better, I need  to have the ability to set pt size 
and margins.  I have hard-coded these commands like
set ticsize 2 5
set margin 0
into lonplot.pm
but my problems don't look right at other sites.

I have thought about it and.what I thought might work is to have 
<format></format> or <special></special> tags where anyone could put 
more gnuplot commands than are provided by the current interface -- 
which is very nice, but limited.
.
Whatever set commands inside the <special> tags would be executed -- of 
course at the authors own risk because with the wrong code the problem 
would be broken, so it has to be made hard to break.
--jim

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:28:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jim,

> which is very nice, but limited.

Please file this as a bug report if it isn't already.

This is unlikely to get done by us for 1.2 unless you already have a
patch that we can easily apply.

---

From: Jim Maxka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:43:25 -0700

http://zaphod.lite.msu.edu/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3320
code attached