Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Re: new dependencies libxml

From: Stuart Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:52:29 -0400

Stefan,

> On our 32 bit development server, we still get an ISE when calling,  
> e.g. syllabus or other templated pages except personal information  
> pages:

The change history for the CPAN module XML::LibXML indicates that a  
"new parser and callback code" were added between versions 1.58 and  
1.59.

> --------------------------------
> ERROR:
> , Can't locate auto/XML/LibXML/recover_sil.al in @INC (@INC  
> contains: /home/httpd/lib/perl /home/httpd/lib/perl/

Apparently the recover_sil.al code used when LON-CAPA's  
lonhtmlgateway.pm module uses XML::LibXML is in 1.59 and later, but  
not in 1.58.

The version of perl-Lib-XML provided from the standard CentOS 5  
repositories is 1.58.

>
> The templated pages work fine on a 64 bit installation.

At the end of May I built an rpm for 1.59 and added it to the  
msu/testing repos on install.loncapa.org for CentOS 5.  Initially I  
built and tested just the rpm for 64 bit.

>
> Both servers are using CentOS 5 and the development prerequisites.  
> OS are up-to-date.
>

I have now added the 32 bit rpm, so:

yum update

should fix this issue on your CentOS 5 32 bit development machines.   
Although I have yet to check other supported distros, RedHat 4 and 5  
will need new rpms I expect, as will Scientific Linux 5, but Fedora  
and SuSE most likely already provide a version of perl-XML-LibXML  
which is 1.59 or later.

> I don't know how much this is related, but both servers still  
> complain in the WARNINGS file after "make install":
> --------------------------------
> Fixing /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/lonhtmlgateway.pm  
> ownership/permissions mismatch. [MODE IS 0755 SHOULD BE ][USER IS  
> root SHOULD BE ][GROUP IS root SHOULD BE ]
> --------------------------------
>

It's not related.

> Any news about this?
> Thanks,
> Stefan Bisitz

---

From: Stefan Bisitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:25:57 +0200

Thanks for the quick help, Stuart.
The 32 bit server runs fine again.

Stefan Bisitz

On 15.06.2010 15:52, Stuart Raeburn wrote:
>> e.g. syllabus or other templated pages except personal information pages:
> 
> The change history for the CPAN module XML::LibXML indicates that a "new 
> parser and callback code" were added between versions 1.58 and 1.59.
> 
>> , Can't locate auto/XML/LibXML/recover_sil.al in @INC (@INC contains: 
[...]

>> The templated pages work fine on a 64 bit installation.
[...]