Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] 1.1 plan

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:00:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

So with 1.0.1 on its way out the door, I want to start thinking about
1.1

Anyone have a favorite bug they think needs to get done?

Anyone got some wacky new idea we need to do?

Anyway I was looking for some conversation about what people are
looking for before we lay out a plan.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-6-1-

---

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:49:22 -0400 (EDT)

Guy,

So when is this wonderful conditional-language-simplification-for-full
conditional-maps coming into being?

8) (big grin)

Actually, the timed quiz thing would definitely be a help here at getting 
some blackboard users over, and I would probably use it as well.

Later,
Mark

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev
> 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: "Joshua Scott Tacey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:59:42 -0400

Hey 

My personal suggestion would be to bring it up to speed with 
apache2/modperl2.  Probably not only ap2, but have it be modperl1/2 
compatible to that we are not forcing users to upgrade to new systems, but 
allow them to upgrade at their own pace, but allowing new systems to come 
online with the newest versions of OS's. 

Thanks 

Josh
[email-masked]

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:10:01 -0400

> So with 1.0.1 on its way out the door, I want to start thinking about

I want

* Simple Problems in there
* The Clone Course feature
* Map Aliases and Conditionals to work
* Display of Activity Log
* The "What's New?" button
* Dynamic Metadata inside of MySQL
* Search Results sorted by Dynamic Metadata
* Better handling of resource versioning - I had some ideas

Favorite bugs are the consolidation of the dynamic metadata and the 
holes in the activity logs.

I am scared of doing anything with the symbs except starting to hide 
them behind functions.

- Gerd.

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:25:40 -0400

> * Better handling of resource versioning - I had some ideas

* CUSR stinks - instead of trying to work with my own and the user's 
roles to find courses, it should start using pickcourse.

* Interface for automated enrollment

* Exam functionality

- Gerd.

---

From: Jeremy Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 18:27:09 -0500

> * The "What's New?" button

What's that?

> I am scared of doing anything with the symbs except starting to hide 

This *should* be done in two steps anyhow; hide all symbs behind a 
function/object, then start changing the object keeping the old 
interface. A good target for 1.1 would be no more "split /___/, $symb" 
in the code.

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:35:49 -0400

>> * The "What's New?" button

An idea which Lars forwarded.

A page that tries to bundle and summarize everything that happened in a 
course since the last time you looked.

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 01:17:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Josh,

> apache2/modperl2.

Well, you get your wish first.

annarbor.albertelli.com is currently running under apache2/mp2.

Still keep finding silly things, some our fault some mod_perl's fault.

$r->internal_redirect($url), is currently stupid, it  keeps saying I
  need to pass it $r.

$r->child_terminate(), is currently unimplmented.

Outside of that things seem to be working.

---

From: "H. K. Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:19:43 -0400

What about a way to configure the server so that the default is without 
using the remote?
-hk

---

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:27:56 -0400 (EDT)

Statistics: Re-implement option response analysis
Statistics: Implement student classification
Construction: Implement <graceplot>

The last one is a lower priority.  I agree with Felicia that time is
better spent on user interface issues.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:19:55 -0400 (EDT)

> So with 1.0.1 on its way out the door, I want to start thinking about

Thins I want to do

Big things:
- conditionals
- scantron working
- better units support
- Discussion timeframes, (need parameters on things other than problems)
- numerical problems allowing a greater variety of answers modes (and
  better about poorly formatted responses) (I think there are 6 bug
  reports about this)
- timed intervals (open for one hour tommorrow)

Small things:
- the chem responses to be advertised
- better <imageresponse> (at least click and submit to be seperate
  actions)
- revist <stringresponse> to get to work better for simple cases, and
  to allow multiple correct string (regexps?)
- multiple correct answer support in numerical, organic, and reaction
  responses.
- CSTR able to select problem status mode to preview problem
- lonindexer,
    - ability to hide some users
    - ability to set 'bookmarks'

Wishful thinking:
- support QTI

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-7-