Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Opinion of printing link

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:51:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

On the page with the pdf link there is the

'Return to last resource.' link, and there _isn't_ the standard

'Return to Last Location'

When in a course I can't see a good reason for it to be this way.

When in CSTR the 'Return to last resource.' returns you the resource
you were just at in CSTR

I'm thinking I should

1) when priting in course context - only have the standard 
      '	Return to Last Location ' link and eliminate the non-standard
      'Return to last resource' link

2) when printing in CSTR with a course context - add in the standard
   link (which returns to the last location in the course) , and
   change the non-standard link text to something like 'Return to last
   resource in CSTR'

3) when printing in CSTR without a course context - only have the
   non-standard link 'Return to last resource in CSTR'

Any contrary opinions to this?

-- 
[email-masked]   0-7-1-8-27,137

---

From: Felicia Berryman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:36:40 -0400

Hi Guy,

>Any contrary opinions to this?

I wasn't going to reply to this because my opinion wasn't contrary.  
However, I will reply and state that 1, 2, and 3 above isn't an opinion 
but a fact because it comes from Guy.  Facts cannot be wrong.  I have no 
evidence contrary to the facts above to cause a paradigm shift away from 
the appropriate use of the almighty dot - that is, the standard 'Return 
to last location' link. 

Does anyone else want my feedback at 11:30 PM? 

Felicia