Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] ssl

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:31:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi-

	Is there any reason that apache needs to be configured for ssl 
under lon-capa?

	I've been bit a couple times by this - yes, I will keep more up to 
date on the rpms, but it is even necessary to be included in the 
configuration?

					Thanks,
					    Mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:35:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mark,

> 	Is there any reason that apache needs to be configured for ssl 

No.

> date on the rpms, but it is even necessary to be included in the 

No.

(We generally have tried to keep RH pretty out of the box in our
general install instructions. But note we require only ports
22,80,5663 and 8080 to run, and don't require 443)

-- 
[email-masked]          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS 
Guy Albertelli -7-7-7-  O-
    I seldom buy things that have wacky smiling cartoon cephalopods 
    on the package.                 -Kibo