Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Demo server

From: Jeremy Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Oct 2002 06:10:29 -0500

Did we ever get a demo server up?

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:22:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jeremy,

Checking application/pgp-signature: FAILURE
-- Start of PGP signed section.

Can I have your Public key?

> Did we ever get a demo server up?

Yep 

msudemol1:msudemo:library:s14.lite.msu.edu:35.8.63.24:Demo Machine

-- 
[email-masked]          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS 
Guy Albertelli -7-7-9-  O-
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
                            -- Bush, Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

---

From: Jeremy Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:36:41 -0400

> Can I have your Public key?

I'll bring it Tuesday.

I still need to put it up on the keyservers or something; I haven't 
gotten that far yet.

> msudemol1:msudemo:library:s14.lite.msu.edu:35.8.63.24:Demo Machine

Found it now. Is it publically available? Do we have any info on it? 
Matthew pointed me at /cgi-bin/signon.pl, but how would normal people 
find it?

(I have someone who may want to take a look.)

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 21:21:24 -0400

Hi,

There is some weirdness with the msudemo server: I was unable to set the open
date for my demo course in a way that the demo students would see it (filed in
Bugzilla Bug #696).

Wish I had more time to figure out what is wrong there - maybe the entries I
am putting into the roles.db file of the demo folks are not totally correct.

Next step is probably to enroll a student in the msudemo domain in the regular
way, and see if that student gets the correct parameters.

Once myself or somebody else fixed this, I am going to put a link to the
signup script on www.lon-capa.org

- Gerd.

Jeremy Bowers wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev