Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] systemperl 3.8 for rh7 is available

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:36:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi.

Hot off the presses, I've made a new systemperl for RedHat 7.3 systems.

Installation:

wget http://install.loncapa.org/resources/LON-CAPA-systemperl-3.8-rh7.i386.rpm

rpm -e `rpm -q -a | grep systemperl`
rpm --install --force --nodeps LON-CAPA-systemperl-3.8-rh7.i386.rpm

If some of the developers could install this and see if they find anything
missing that would be much appreciated.  It's running on my system now and
I haven't seen any hickups.

Oh, it does include Postscript::Simple, which is the reason it had to be made.
The Fedora install will consist of many perl-*.rpm files and will not have
a LON-CAPA systemperl built for it.  Others have pointed out headaches with
the monolithic systemperl situation.

Matthew

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------