Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] gif support back in gd

From: Martin Siegert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:52:35 -0700

FYI:

the gd authors did not loose any time to put gif support back into gd
after the gif license expired:

from http://www.boutell.com/gd/

07/21/04: gd 2.0.28 has been released. gd 2.0.28 restores support for
reading and writing GIF images. There is also a fix for a possible problem
in gdImageTrueColorToPalette.

Cheers,
Martin

-- 
Martin Siegert
Head, HPC@SFU
WestGrid Site Manager
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: [email-masked]
Canada  V5A 1S6

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:32:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Martin,

> reading and writing GIF images.

:-)

Interestingly enough we don't need it anymore. gnuplot 4.0's support
of PNG is as good as the GIF ever was. (Most likely due to the fact
they both are implemented using libgd...) so the latest L-C 1.1.99.3
on FC2 are fully gif free.

> There is also a fix for a possible problem

Sigh, I just implemented a work around for this bug on the msu servers.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-9-