Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Subtle Problems Authenticating

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:32:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

This morning I updated a couple of my machines to 2.4.0. All is going 
well, except a small annoyance with authentication.

This seems to be a special problem with just two of my machines, and only 
in one direction.

capa2 is the ohiou library server. capa4 is the ohiouK12 library server.

I can log into either okay with accounts that are in that domain.

I can log into an account from a capa4 domain (it is a multidomain 
machine) from capa2.

I cannot log into any of three of my ohiou accounts from capa4.
Lonnet.log shows:

Sun Jun 10 08:18:05 2007 (2227): User lucas at ohiou threw error 
unknown_cmd when checking authentication mechanism

Each of these 3 accounts (lucas, lucasm, wolfman) uses a different 
authentication method.

I CAN log into my account from s10.lite and from educog.com, so it does 
not seem to be a universal problem.

I CAN successfully access resources from capa2 on capa4.

Local accounts authenticate okay on capa4.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701