Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-21

From: Stuart Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 02:19:24 -0400

Hi,

This message is intended for people who are running bleeding edge  
LON-CAPA on a development machine/VM.

loncommon.pm rev. 1.1094 includes a dependency on the CPAN module:  
Captcha::reCAPTCHA (which in turn has a dependency on HTML::Tiny).

To date, RPMs for Captcha::reCAPTCHA and HTML::Tiny have been built  
for a subset of Linux distros on which LON-CAPA is currently supported.

These packages (along with an updated LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-21 which  
advertises the dependency) have been, or will be, deployed in the  
testing repos found at:

http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/

For information about using the testing repos with a development VM or  
server see:

http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-dev/2007-November/001852.html

As of 8/24/2012, LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-21 and  
perl-Capthcha-reCAPTCHA are available for:

CentOS 5,6; Scientific Linux 5,6; RHEL 4,5,6; SLES 10,11; (64-bit only  
-- SL5, RHEL4,5, SLES10).

Additional updated .rpm and .deb packages will be added to testing  
repos for the remaining distros: Fedora 10-17, SuSE 11.X, 12.1, SLES9,  
Ubuntu 8,10,12, Debian 5,6 (and the 4 missing 32 bit packages) in the  
next day or two.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Stuart Raeburn
Technical Director
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium