Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] COMPLETED access.conf ---> loncapa.conf

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:14:40 -0400

Dear All:

I am satisfied now that the:
httpd.conf/srm.conf/access.conf

transition to

loncapa.conf and loncapa_apache.conf

is now COMPLETE.

If you want to know what the difference is between loncapa.conf
and loncapa_apache.conf, you should:

   emacs doc/loncapafiles/loncapafiles.lpml

Regards,
Scott

-- 
Scott Harrison, [email-masked]

---

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:10:30 -0400 (EDT)

Further completeness has been added with the latest commit of lond, lonc,
lonsql, and others.  If you get errors such as 'Cannot connect to database',
please check that your lonSqlAccess parameter is set properly in
/etc/httpd/conf/loncapa_apache.conf.   If it is, and you are still having
the same problem, /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql stop; /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start;
/etc/rc.d/init.d/loncontrol restart

Matthew

> All: > > I am satisfied now that the:
> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:15:10 -0400

Actually, lond and lonc and lonsql were already reading
loncapa_apache.conf because I hardcoded the reading of loncapa_apache.conf
into Configuration.pm.  But all should be fine.  It's just that
we now lose backwards compatibility with access.conf.

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay
attention to their limitations again. --James R. Cook