Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Roles sort order

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:14:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

I have commited a change that modifies the order that roles sort
somewhat.
It is fairly tweakable so let me know what you think of this.

The order now is

- any Author role
- all co-Author roles sorted by username of co-author
- all Course roles sorted first by Course Name then by the rol in the
   course  (Meaning if in course "Test" you are CC/IN/ST, and in course
            "Real" you are TA/ST you'd see-
         Student             --- Real
         Teaching Assistant  --- Real
         Course Coordinator  --- Test
         Instructor          --- Test
         Student             --- Test
- All Domain wide roles, first sorted by Role then by domain

I did this because sorting courses by internal Id number was silly.

I also thought that i might be better to sort the student role for a
course to be near the Course Coordinator role for a course (reduce
mousing distance to switch between test roles in a course)

If you wat I can easily revert back to sorting by role first and then
'Extent'.

If you like this, then I will also do this to the role display in
User Roles Modify screen.
 
-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-3-

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 09:25:31 -0500

With this way of ordering, it would be nice to chop up the table a bit 
whenever the realm changes, and generate a separating header line.

On Nov 8, 2003, at 7:14 AM, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev

---

From: "H. K. Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:56:48 -0500

It would be nice to have each list in case-insensitive alphabetical order. - hk

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:37:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> It would be nice to have each list in case-insensitive alphabetical order. - hk

Already done.

---

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:55:37 -0500 (EST)

I know this is a bit late - has anybody considered putting quick links at 
the top of the page for the last 3 (or N) roles accessed for people who 
have more than Y (10?) roles?

Just a thought to make what is a huge screen for some of us more 
navigable.

Mark
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: "H. K. Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:36:27 -0500

When I updated my development machine - tycho.physics.fsu.edu, it will not 
let me log in. It doesn't even give me the login page. Checking the 
lonc_errors file, it says it is missing Event.pm. (See below). So I 
installed perl-Event-0.87-1.noarch.rpm, but that seems to install in the 
wrong place. In any case, it did not solve the problem. Which Event.pm 
module should I get?

Thanks, -hk

Compilation failed in require at /home/httpd/perl/loncnew line 154.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/httpd/perl/loncnew line 154.
Can't locate loadable object for module Event in @INC (@INC contains: 
/home/foxr/newloncapa/types /home/httpd/lib/perl/ 
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux 
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at 
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux/Event.pm line 23

---

From: Josh Tacey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:42:20 -0500

It looks like the RPM that you installed does not have the .so file that 
is also needed or it did not put it in the correct location.

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/J/JP/JPRIT/Event-0.87.tar.gz

that is the link to the actual perl module source and is just a quick 
compile, I would suggest removing the RPM of it that you just installed, 
and then doing the standard perl Makefile.PL make and make install and 
that should work just fine.

Thanks
Josh

[email-masked]

H. K. Ng wrote:

> When I updated my development machine - tycho.physics.fsu.edu, it will 
> not let me log in. It doesn't even give me the login page. Checking 
> the lonc_errors file, it says it is missing Event.pm. (See below). So 
> I installed perl-Event-0.87-1.noarch.rpm, but that seems to install in 
> the wrong place. In any case, it did not solve the problem. Which 
> Event.pm module should I get?
>
> Thanks, -hk
>
>
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux 
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl 
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux