Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-27

From: Stuart Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:40:04 -0400

Hi,

This message is intended for people who are running bleeding edge  
LON-CAPA on a
development machine/VM.

New rpms for LONCAPA-prerequisites have been added to the LON-CAPA  
testing repos used by developers found at:  
http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/

In addition, new debs for loncapa-prerequisites have been added to:
http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/ubuntu/ and  
http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/ubuntuxenial/

The new version number is 1-27.1

So far rpms have been built and added for CentOS, RHEL, Scientific  
Linux 5, 6 and 7 -- 32 bit and 64 bit for 5 & 6; 64 bit only for 7.   
New debs have been added for Ubuntu LTS 12, 14 and 16.

yum clean all
yum update

will install the rpm on RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux if you have  
included the testing repos in /etc/yum.conf by adding lines such as:

[loncapa-testing-basearch]
name=CentOS $releasever LON-CAPA $basearch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/centos/$releasever/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa

[loncapa-testing-noarch]
name=CentOS $releasever LON-CAPA noarch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/centos/$releasever/noarch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa

Notes:
1. for RHEL replace centos with redhat, and CentOS with RHEL
2. For Scientific Linux replace centos with scientific, and CentOS  
with Scientific Linux.

To include the MSU Testing repo for Ubuntu 12, 14 or 16, edit the  
/etc/apt/sources.list file so it includes the appropriate line from  
one of the following three lines, in order 12 (precise), 14 (trusty)  
or 16 (xenial)

deb http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/ubuntu/ precise main

deb http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/ubuntu/ trusty main

deb http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/ubuntuxenial/ xenial main

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -f upgrade

should update things.  If not, you can try using:

sudo apt upgrade -f loncapa-prerequisites

or:

sudo apt-get remove loncapa-prerequisites
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install -f loncapa-prerequisites

Stuart Raeburn
Technical Director
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium