Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] 2.10 RC2 - Lonbalancer

From: "Lucas, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:14:42 -0400

Hi,

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried a lonbalancing machine using 2.10?

I just bumped most of my cluster up to 2.10.  My balancing machine
will authenticate a login, but not pass along the connection to another
machine. It returns to the authentication machine.

I did have a goof when updating to 2.10, and I updated twice.
I also found a problem with a commented line #msua2 in the
spare table.

When I backed off to 2.9.1, things seem to work.

My simple questions are (a) whether anyone has tried lonbalancer in 2.10 RC2,
and (b) has anyone seen anything like this?  I just don't want to pound on this if
it's a known issue. I'll probably try to update again later today or tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
Mark

--
Mark Lucas  email: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
252D Clippinger Lab phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: hkng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:53:24 -0400

I ran into this problem also. So I revert lonbalancer server to 2.9.1
whereas all the others are 2.10 RC2. There seems to be some extra domain
configurations needed with 2.10. -hk

2011/3/21 Lucas, Mark <[email-masked]>

> Mark Lucas  email: [email-masked]

---

From: Stuart Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:38:27 -0400

Mark,

> Out of curiosity, has anyone tried a lonbalancing machine using 2.10?

Yes.

loncapa.msu.edu (s9) is MSU's lonBalancer machine, and it has been  
running 2.10.0.RC2 since January.

There have been no problems with it off-loading sessions both with and  
without Single Sign On.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group

---

From: hkng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:54:37 -0400

The problem that I encountered was not for fsu users but for fsuK12 users.
fsuK12 domain is shared with fsu on the same server. When students from
fsuK12 domain log in, they get directed to the library server but did not
get authenticated. So there was this log (in lonnet) where they try to log
in again.

-hk

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Stuart Raeburn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> loncapa.msu.edu (s9) is MSU's lonBalancer machine, and it has been running
> 2.10.0.RC2 since January.
>
> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev
>