Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] new edit::browse() function

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:41:07 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

On the road towards solving the dreaded 'group-import-on-mac' bug
I have taken the opportunity to add a little more functionality to
construction space.  With the series of commits I made today we can
now add a browse hyperlink to lonindexer (the file browser used in
the RAT).  I did this as part of my efforts to learn JavaScript.

To add this to a tag edit function, you'll need to model it after
the code in randomlabel.pm:

    $result.=&Apache::edit::text_arg('Image:','bgimg',$token,75);
    $result.=&Apache::edit::browse('bgimg');

I have tested it pretty extensively and I believe it will work with
all browsers that LON-CAPA currently supports.

There is once caveat - the file browser will currently only show
published items.  This should either be remedied or explained in
an obvious manner, otherwise we'll get no end of complaints about
it.   (I'll file a bug report).

Matthew

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------