Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] probing for distribution... no more need for DIST=

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:43:04 -0400

Dear All:

Distribution probing is no automated with the loncom/build/Makefile
and loncom/build/distprobe.

This means that:

make install

will work on RedHat 6.*, RedHat 7.*, or Debian version 2.2.

No longer do you need to run:

make DIST=redhat7 install
or
make DIST=debian2.2 install

(The DIST flag is something which I witness both others and
 myself frequently forgetting.)

Regards,
Scott

-- 
Scott Harrison, [email-masked]

Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes,
hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say: I
will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me. -Ann Landers