Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] a dozen files and LONCAPA::Configuration::read_conf

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 17:49:54 -0400

Dear All:

**********
ATTENTION! A dozen files have been CVS committed/changed
in the repository.  If you are working on a file and have not
yet committed it, be advised that CVS may require you to
do some merging work.
**********

For most files on LON-CAPA, configuration is now read via
CVS:loncom/configuration/Configuration.pm.

use lib '/home/httpd/lib/perl/';
use LONCAPA::Configuration;

my
$perlvarref=LONCAPA::Configuration::read_conf('access.conf','loncapa.conf');
my %perlvar=%{$perlvarref};
undef $perlvarref;

EXCEPTIONS for reading access.conf and loncapa.conf

lonnet.pm still reads the configuration information via
Apache::File.

Many of the test scripts that I have written many months before
do their best to AVOID software dependency (since that is not
what some of them are supposed to be testing..).  Hence, they continue
to read PerlSetVar directly from the filesystem.

Regards,
Scott