Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Edutools Review of LON-CAPA 1.2

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:57:40 -0400

The Edutools review of LON-CAPA 1.2 is now available:
http://www.edutools.info/course/productinfo/detail.jsp?id=233

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:06:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gerd,

> http://www.edutools.info/course/productinfo/detail.jsp?id=233

Hrrm,

"The software is not compatible with Opera, Konqueror, and Mosaic,
except in a limited text-based interface mode."

I thought Konq worked fine?

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:46:49 -0400

Hi Guy,

> I thought Konq worked fine?

I don't have Konqueror here to test. If that's the only mistake in the 
review, I guess we can be glad ...

We should make a suggestion for change in the review of 1.3.

- Gerd.

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:18:04 -0400 (EDT)

> review, I guess we can be glad ...

And opera works fine if we remove the thing that thinks all opera
browsers ar running on little handheld computers.

Also we need to advertise the chesitry style questions, I'd like some
simple templates so they get advertised in CSTR space.

---

From: "Guy Ashkenazi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:29:33 +0200

Is it allowed to use <sub> tags in a problem title? It works fine when I
publish the problem, but then the system automatically changes it into
&lt;sub&gt;

    Guy.

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:50:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Guy,

> publish the problem, but then the system automatically changes it into

From 
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html
(The official HTML 4.01 standard)

"Titles may contain character entities (for accented characters,
special characters, etc.), but may not contain other markup (including
comments)."