Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Question on syllabus button

From: "rlight" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:42:02 -0500

On the roles screen a "syllabus" link shows up by the course name.  Is there
a way to either remove this link, or to change the link a URL on another
machine?  (I have a syllabus for the course on my local web site, and don't
want to go through the work of entering information in the default syllabus.
Also I hate to have a student hit the link and get the message no syllabus
available.)

Robley Light

*************************************************************
Robley J. Light                         Professor of Chemistry and
Biochemistry
Department of Chemistry          Phone:   (850) 644-3844 
   and Biochemistry                   Email:  [email-masked]   
Florida State University             Fax:      (850) 644-8281
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4390    Home Page:
http://chemweb.chem.fsu.edu/editors/rlight    

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.558 / Virus Database: 350 - Release Date: 1/2/2004

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:25:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robley,

> machine?

Currently, no.

We have an active bug request to fix that. I expect it will get fixed
for 1.2 I don't know if it will make it into the eventual 1.1.X
http://bugs.loncapa.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2548
Feel free to add yourself to the CC: list on it.

For now I'd suggest editing the internal sylabus to be a minimal
sylabus that contains a link to the real one.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-0-

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:08:20 -0500

A good idea would probably be to not show the link if no syllabus was 
ever uploaded for that course.

On Jan 8, 2004, at 6:25 PM, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:47:18 -0500

>>> a way to either remove this link, or to change the link a URL on 

I forgot to answer the last item: yes, you can sort of re-direct the 
Syllabus link by typing the URL of your external syllabus into the URL 
field of the LON-CAPA syllabus template. This will then incorporate the 
external URL into the Syllabus template. Unfortunately, this does not 
work if the external URL uses frames.

- Gerd.