Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-10

From: "Stuart Peter Raeburn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:39:25 -0500

Hello. 

In advance of the availability of test releases (2.5.99.X) for the 
forthcoming LON-CAPA version 2.6, additional required packages have been 
added to "testing" repositories created for the various Linux  
distros/architectures for which LON-CAPA is currently supported. 

Version 2.6 will use gnuplot 4.2 instead of a custom gnuplot 4.0, and will 
also make use of an additional perl module - DateTime.  As a result new rpms 
(including a new version, 1-10, of the LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm) have been 
created and have been added to the "testing" repositories. 

In a couple of weeks, toward the end of the testing phase for 2.5.99.X, the 
new packages will be added to the main LON-CAPA repositories for the various 
distros, so that updates/refreshes of yum/up2date/yast on production servers 
will pick up the new packages. As s consequence, there will be no need to 
modify /etc/yum.conf, /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources or yast software 
repositories on production servers. 

To update your development/testing server to this new version of 
LONCAPA-prerequisites do the following: 

***********************
Fedora 5, 6 and 7
Either (a) use a text editor such as vi to add the following to 
/etc/yum.conf 

[loncapa-testing-basearch]
name=Fedora Core $releasever LON-CAPA $basearch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/fedora/$releasever/$basearch
gpgcheck=1
obsoletes=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/fedora/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

[loncapa-testing-noarch]
name=Fedora Core $releasever LON-CAPA noarch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/fedora/$releasever/noarch
gpgcheck=1
obsoletes=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/fedora/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

or (b) replace your existing /etc/yum.conf with the LON-CAPA developer 
version of yum.conf: 

Fedora 7 

mv /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf.std
wget http://install.loncapa.org/developer/fedora/7/F7_dev_loncapa_yum.conf
mv F7_dev_loncapa_yum.conf /etc/yum.conf 

Fedora 6 

mv /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf.std
wget http://install.loncapa.org/developer/fedora/6/FC6_dev_loncapa_yum.conf
mv FC6_dev_loncapa_yum.conf /etc/yum.conf 

Fedora 5 

mv /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf.std
wget http://install.loncapa.org/developer/fedora/5/FC5_dev_loncapa_yum.conf
mv FC5_dev_loncapa_yum.conf /etc/yum.conf 

For Fedora 5 and 6 you will need to import the LON-CAPA public key. 

rpm --import http://install.loncapa.org/versions/fedora/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

For Fedora 7, it is aaummed this occurred previously during the original 
install. 

To update to the latest LONCAPA-prerequisites, and replace the old 
gnuplot_loncapa with gnuplot. 

yum update 

*************************** 

SuSE 9.3, 10.1, 10.2 SLES 9, SLES 10
(Note SUSE 9.3 packages for 64 bit architecture have yet to be built). 

Use yast->Installation source to add an additional software source (setting 
"directory on server" to an appropriate choice based on your distro) 

Protocol:             HTTP
Server Name:          install.loncapa.org 

Directory on server:
suse 9.3              msu/testing/suse/9.3/
suse 10.1             msu/testing/suse/10.1/
suse 10.2             msu/testing/suse/10.2/
sles9                 msu/testing/suse/sles9/
sles10                msu/testing/suse/sles10/ 

Authentication:       Anonymous 

To update to the latest LONCAPA-prerequisites, and replace the old 
gnuplot_loncapa with gnuplot. use yast->Software Management to delete 
gnuplot_loncapa and update LONCAPA-prerequisites. 

*********************** 

Redhat Enterprise 4
Either (a) use a text editor to add the following two lines to 
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources 

yum loncapa-testing http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/redhat/4ES/$ARCH 

yum loncapa-testing-noarch 
http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/redhat/4ES/noarch 

or (b) replace your existing /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources with the LON-CAPA 
developer version. 

mv /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.std
wget 
http://install.loncapa.org/developer/redhat/4ES/RHEL4_dev_loncapa_rhnsources
mv RHEL4_dev_loncapa_rhnsources /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources 

To update to the latest LONCAPA-prerequisites, and replace the old 
gnuplot_loncapa with gnuplot. 

rpm -e LONCAPA-prerequisites
rpm -e --nodeps gnuplot_loncapa
up2date -i LONCAPA-prerequisites 

********************* 

Redhat Enterprise 5, Centos 5, Scientific Linux 5
Either (a) use a text editor such as vi to add one of the following (RHEL5, 
Centos or Scientifc Linux, as appropriate) to /etc/yum.conf 

 -------
RHEL5 

[loncapa-testing-basearch]
name=Scientific $releasever LON-CAPA $basearch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/redhat/$releasever/$basearch
gpgcheck=1
obsoletes=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/redhat/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

[loncapa-testing-noarch]
name=Scientific $releasever LON-CAPA noarch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/redhat/$releasever/noarch
gpgcheck=1
obsoletes=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/redhat/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

 ---------
Centos5 

[loncapa-testing-basearch]
name=Centos $releasever LON-CAPA $basearch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/centos/$releasever/$basearch
gpgcheck=1
obsoletes=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

[loncapa-testing-noarch]
name=Centos $releasever LON-CAPA noarch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/centos/$releasever/noarch
gpgcheck=1
obsoletes=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

 -------
Scientific Linux 5 

[loncapa-testing-basearch]
name=Scientific $releasever LON-CAPA $basearch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/scientific/$releasever/$basea 
rch
gpgcheck=1
obsoletes=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/scientific/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

[loncapa-testing-noarch]
name=Scientific $releasever LON-CAPA noarch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/scientific/$releasever/noarch
gpgcheck=1
obsoletes=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/scientific/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa 

or (b) replace your existing /etc/yum.conf with the LON-CAPA developer 
version of yum.conf: 

RHEL5 

mv /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf.std
wget 
http://install.loncapa.org/developer/redhat/5Server/rhel5_dev_loncapa_yum.co 
nf
mv rhel5_dev_loncapa_yum.conf  /etc/yum.conf 

Centos5 

mv /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf.std
wget 
http://install.loncapa.org/developer/centos/5/centos5_dev_loncapa_yum.conf
mv centos5_dev_loncapa_yum.conf /etc/yum.conf 

Scientific Linux 5 

mv /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf.std
wget 
http://install.loncapa.org/developer/scientific/5/scientific5_dev_loncapa_yu 
m.conf
mv scientific5_dev_loncapa_yum.conf /etc/yum.conf 

To update to the latest LONCAPA-prerequisites, and replace the old 
gnuplot_loncapa with gnuplot. 

yum update 

******************* 

Fedora 8 and SuSE 10.3 

A LON-CAPA yum repository has been created for Fedora 8 
(http://install.loncapa.org/fedora/linux/loncapa/8/), and a yast repository  
will also soon be added for SuSE 10.3 (http://install.loncapa.org/suse/10.3/ 
).  There are no testing repositories for these distros currently because 
LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-10 is/will be the version included in the standard 
repository.  Installation instructions will be provided at 
http://install.loncapa.org for Fedora 8 and SuSE 10.3 in the next few days. 

If you have any questions, send an e-mail to the lon-capa-dev mailing list 
or submit a LON-CAPA help ticket at http://help.loncapa.org/ 

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group