Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Probably should delete /res/msu

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:59:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

It probably is a very good idea to delete /home/httpd/res/msu on your
local machine, and any metadata files you might have replicated since
the 12th, as the replication was screwed up of .meta files.

data should be running correctly now, let me know if anything else
looks funky.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-1-

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:08:28 -0400

s10 is not a local machine :-)

BTW, even before the 12th, I every now and then on the production 
cluster saw a "not_found" as reply to the "Notifying ..." step during 
publication. Unfortunately, that was always either during demos and 
when something really needed to get done, so I had no time to 
investigate. Any idea what that might be? Is it just me?

On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 03:59  PM, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:17:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gerd,

> publication.

This occurs when a remote machine deletes a resource, and the
 subscription on the autoritative machine has not been updated to note
 that the machine is no longer subscribing to the resource.

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:25:11 -0400

>  that the machine is no longer subscribing to the resource.

Why would that happen? It should not happen, since "unsubscribe" is a 
critical command.

- Gerd.

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:44:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Why would that happen? It should not happen, since "unsubscribe" is a 

I haven't a very good idea, but it definately happens, I didn't think
it was a big deal, snce it didn't seem to cause any harm.

---

From: "H. K. Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:30:45 -0400

Hi, how does one extract the usage and number of courses (bug 1357) using a 
given problem? Also, can lonnavmaps allow the part type to be extracted? - hk

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:35:21 -0400

On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 02:30  PM, H. K. Ng wrote:

> Hi, how does one extract the usage and number of courses (bug 1357) 
> using a given problem?

This should come up when you pull the CAT information.

- Gerd.

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:07:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> given problem?

Take a look at lonmeta.pm, the dynamicmeta subroutine.

It is doing a dump of the nohist_resevaldata database with a regexp of
the resource the person is interested in.

It then splits up the returns, you probably shoudl do a get against
the nohist_resevaldata database for the particular item you want. 
The count item is number of accesses, and course is a course using the
the resource.

Right now it is very expensive to get this data, I think we may need
to move to storing this data in one of the mysql caches, probably on
the library server and periodically updating it.

> Also, can lonnavmaps allow the part type to be extracted? 

I am not sure what you mean by part type. Parts don't have a type. . .

---

From: "H. K. Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:15:38 -0400

>I am not sure what you mean by part type. Parts don't have a type. . .

Sorry, I meant to say response type for a part. - hk

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:39:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> Sorry, I meant to say response type for a part. - hk

I don't believe it does it yet, but Jeremy was going to do that.

I believe it was going to be a functions 'extractResponses' and would
also look through all of the metadata packages and store the type and
part / response id data away.

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:46:16 -0400

> the library server and periodically updating it.

searchcat.pl basically has all of the code for that in it, but I do not 
know how to mess around with the MySQL table (add new columns on a 
running system), so I have not yet plugged it in.

---

From: Jeremy Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:09:42 -0400

> part / response id data away.

I need to sit down sometime and figure out how to do it. Just a matter 
of time.

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:25:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> running system), so I have not yet plugged it in.

Maybe Matthew can take a look at doing this then?

Then lonindexer can do queries against the library mysql to get this
data to insert into it's display.