Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] loginhelp

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:05:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

	Pras and I have a small module that can be accessed external to 
LON-CAPA to test whether the username, password or domain name is getting 
screwed up. It also tests for cookies, javascript and pop-up windows.

It can be accessed in its crude form at 

http://capa1.phy.ohiou.edu/adm/loginhelp

Again, text is somewhat flippant and unrefined 8) , but it does some 
reasonable diagnostics.

Any suggestions as to how to integrate it with the static
loginproblems.html would be appreciated.

Later,
Mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas email: [email-masked] 252D Clippinger Lab phone:
(740)597-2984 Department of Physics and Astronomy fax:  (740)593-0433 Ohio
University Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:52:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mark,

> http://capa1.phy.ohiou.edu/adm/loginhelp

Looks good.

> loginproblems.html would be appreciated.

I would excpect making it a link at the top of the page would be a
start.

Gerd might have more suggestions, unfortunately he is on
vacation this week. He should be back next week.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-6-9-

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:54:03 -0400

Hi Mark and Pras,

I just tested this with some browsers, and it seems to work really  
well. Only weird result: on Opera, the very first "Continue ..." button  
does not show up.

Can we get the source code of the module?

*** I would very much appreciate if others could also take a look. A  
module like this will help greatly at the beginning of a new semester  
***

For the very last step, please note that LON-CAPA itself now tries to  
see if the Remote comes up. If not (timed out), it launches into  
"Inline Remote" mode, which mostly works, except if a resource is a  
frameset. Still working on that one.

THANKS!!!

- Gerd.

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 04:05  PM, Mark Lucas wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev