Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Re: CampusSource 1.3.3

From: Matthew Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:03:34 -0700

Hi Gerd,

I'm replying to the dev list with your request for a single tarball
installation as I want the instructions on creating the tarball to be
archived.

I've updated the tarball and the instructions.  The instructions are
in cvs in the file loncapa/doc/install/fedora/single_file_install.html
and the tarball is in my home directory on zaphod as well as available
on kirk:
http://kirk.lite.msu.edu/loncapa_install.tar

This is the 1.3.2 release as that is the latest version available on
the install site.

Now that I look at their site, I see the english translation of the
installation instructions contains more information than the
single_file_install.html does.  I assume you added this?  If you could
update the file in CVS it would make things easier in the future...

The method for making this installation
---------------------------------------
wget http://install.loncapa.org/versions/fedora/fedora_install.tar
tar xf fedora_install.tar
mv installation loncapa_install
cd loncapa_install
wget http://install.loncapa.org/versions/loncapa-fedora-current.tar.gz
mkdir prerequisites

copy all the i386 and noarch files from the FC3 yum repository to the
prerequisites directory

tar it all up and you're done!

Matthew 

-- 
-------------------------------------
Matthew Hall
Try not to read it as "hamtheallwet"

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:12:28 -0500

Quoting Matthew Hall <[email-masked]>:

> single_file_install.html does.  I assume you added this?

Nope, I don't remember. I know that they edited stuff. Is it correct?

- Gerd.

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

---

From: Matthew Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:33:53 -0700

Hi Gerd,

> Nope, I don't remember. I know that they edited stuff. Is it correct?

http://www.campussource.de/dl/pub/loncapa/install_en.htm

It appears technically correct, although the statements are
occasionally puzzling to me.

The thing that really puzzles me is not that it comes up with a
<title> of "Untitled Document", but that they explictly set the
<title> to "Untitled Document".  But that's a trivial matter.

Matthew