Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] digest::md5 ???????????????????

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:17:26 -0500

Dear All:

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

What part of LON-CAPA code requires Digest::MD5 cpan package?

I grep-ped but I cannot find it.

I just want to be sure before I compile it into the latest
LON-CAPA-perl... rpms.

Hrmmm... CPAN is having some exciting changes.

Regards,
Mr. Hrmmm

-- 
Scott Harrison, [email-masked]

Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you
don't have any problems, you don't get any seeds. -Norman Vincent Peale

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:29:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi Scott,

> What part of LON-CAPA code requires Digest::MD5 cpan package?

As I remember part of CGI or the HTMl parser or one of their depends
wants it.

It also occasionally has been used in LON-CAPA (the random number
generator used it for a while, <gnuplot> toyed with using it for
awhile.)

It generally ends up being expected to be there whether or not it is
under active use.

-- 
[email-masked]        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS 
Guy Albertelli -7-9-8-  O-
    My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement.