Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Fedora users only: yum configuration file update (please read before updating to latest CVS)

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:29:06 -0400

Hello everybody, 

This message is only for those running Fedora. 

Before doing your next 

cvs update; cd loncapa/loncom/build; make build; make install; 

cycle, be sure to edit your /etc/yum.conf and remove whatever sections exist 
for the loncapa repositories. 

I have just checked in some code which will automatically modify the yum and 
MySQL configuration files.  Hopefully this means I will no longer need to 
send out emails about modifying your /etc/yum.conf file.  Unfortunately, due 
to the need for consistent naming, the names of the LON-CAPA yum 
repositories have been changed.  Removing all mention of the LON-CAPA yum 
repositories from your /etc/yum.conf file will cause the configuration 
update to occur with the new names.  Failure to do this will probably not 
damage your system in any way, but I make no guarantees.  yum has a logic 
all its own sometimes and I can imagine it might get confused. 

In order to forestall one of the expected questions I'm likely to receive 
tomorrow morning:  Yes, if your machine is running Fedora, this means you 
have to do this. 

If you have any questions or if my code eats your computer, please let me 
know. 

Matthew 

 ---------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           [email-masked]
LON-CAPA developer
Michigan State University
 ---------------------------------------