Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] custom rights

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 11:40:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

There seems to be something broken with custom rights files in 2.3.0.

I've got two people here unable to access cross domain boundaries, and I'm 
curious whether it's something I've screwed up or if this is 2.3.0 
problem.

We cannot access tipler 5e problems on the educog server from a course on 
the ohiou domain.

A high school teacher cannot access one of our custom libraries from 
the oucapahs/trimble domain.

I'd be curious if anyone else is having problems.

Mark
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 12:00:43 -0500

Hi,

On Jan 2, 2007, at 11:40 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> I've got two people here unable to access cross domain boundaries,  
> and I'm curious whether it's something I've screwed up or if this  
> is 2.3.0 problem.

We don't know of problems right now.

>
> We cannot access tipler 5e problems on the educog server from a  
> course on the ohiou domain.

ohiou should be allowed. Can you do an "Update Display" in the  
directory listing.

>
> A high school teacher cannot access one of our custom libraries  
> from the oucapahs/trimble domain.

What's the URL of the rights file?

- Gerd.