Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] 1.1 suggestions

From: Felicia Berryman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:17:54 -0400

I read this list digested so I'm probably a bit behind.

Gerd already covered the clone course request.  Another addition I want 
is to add a student help link to the login page that links to something 
like 
http://msu.lon-capa.org/res/msu/felicia/Instructions/instructions.html 
and our new student instruction paper that Joan is passing out but I 
don't know where it is.  I would like bug #9 taken care of (improvements 
in fdbk).  Uploading scores to a problem needs to made a bit more 
flexible.  I've discussed this with Guy already.  The domain in enroll 
needs to always load up the course's domain by default.

The two major complaints I've been getting are:
  1.) confusion between chat, discussion boards, and communication.
  2.) students not knowing how to navigate around.

Construction space can take a break and more time can be spent on 
interface issues such as easily to access documentation, improving the 
roles screen to be more like a launch pad with documentation and help, etc.

Felicia
-- 
Felicia Berryman
LON-CAPA Coordinator
Michigan State University
   Email:  [email-masked]
   Phone:  (517)432-9866
http://www.lon-capa.org