Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Broken links in automated e-mails? V2

From: Stefan Bisitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:57:28 +0100

Sorry, a bit too late... (in Germany)
Now, what I really ment:

Hi,

while testing our new settings for auto-enrollment and a special script
for self-enrollment, I found the following message in my external inbox.
Having this message received is totally ok, but the content seems a bit
broken:

1) There are three [_1] instead of the expected content.

2) Another question:
> ... enrolled in section/group .
After "section/group" is only a gap. Is this caused by the missing
LON-CAPA-section ID (not the section NUMBER for auto-enrollment)? In
this specific course, we don't have a section. We only entered a
section number so that auto-enrollment can work.

We haven't changed the part where the e-mails are sent.

Thanks for your help,
Stefan Bisitz

-------------------------------- start --------------------------------
From   [email-masked]
Sent   Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:20 pm
To   [email-masked]
Cc          
Bcc          
Subject   [LON-CAPA] New message from bisitz@fhwf

*** This is an automatic message generated by the LON-CAPA system.
*** You can reply to this message

You received a message from [_1] in LON-CAPA. The subject is

[_1]

=== Excerpt ============================================================
The following 1 change(s) occurred in Automatische Kurseinschreibung -
gkcode as a result of the automated classlist update:

The following 1 student(s) was/were added to this LON-CAPA course:

Martin Rambke (0815) - rambke enrolled in section/group . Access starts:
immediately, ends: Fri Jun  1 18:00:00 2007 (CEST).

========================================================================

Use

[_1]

to access the full message.
-------------------------------- end --------------------------------

---

From: "Stuart Peter Raeburn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:23:22 -0500

Stefan, 

Item 1 is fixed with Autoenroll rev 1.24. 

Item 2: The gap you describe is where the LON-CAPA section ID would be 
displayed,  If the LON-CAPA section ID is blank, you will currently see a 
gap. I have modified Enrollment.pm so the text displayed will be: 

... enrolled in section/group: 'none'. 

in the case where there is no LON-CAPA section ID. 

I have also modified Autoenroll.pl and Enrollment.pm to include calls to 
&mt() on all text output - either to screen if enrollment changes resulted 
from running "Update Roster Now", or logged to a file if changes resulted 
from running Autoenroll.pl. 

Newer versions of Autoenroll.pl and Enrollment.pm will appear in CVS once 
the changes have been tested. 

Stuart Raeburn
MU LON-CAPA group