Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Planned STABLE, Please read I need feedback

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:12:20 -0400 (EDT)

I am ignoring any chages after 5:00 p.m. on Friday unless
someone specifically requests me to include a specfic version of a file.

I am planning to STABLE printing.

-----Planned updates:
loncapa/CAPA:
- typos in capa.config

loncapa/doc
- Many many updates, going with loncapafiles.lpml v1.119

loncapa/rat
lonpage - POD, map->foreach, javascript, and mailto links work,
           eval buttons, cleaner URL
lonpageflip - BUG270 (Homework stored with wrong symb)
lonratparms - map to foreach
lonratsrv - BUG242 (Saving new page for the first time broken)
lonsequence - no changes
lonwrapper - needs and is needed by new lonxml
client/code.html - cleanups, better image refs, new browse/search mech
                   (needs new lonindexer)
client/parameter.html - cleaned out warnings

loncapa/loncom
access.conf - moved <Location>s to loncapa.conf
httpd.conf - moved parameters to loncapa.conf
lcpasswd - map to foreach
lcuseradd - map to foreach
lonc - many fixes, should handle signals, and partial data transfers 
       well, cleaned
loncapa.conf - added handlers, and more config info from httpd.conf
                and access.conf
lond - improved handling of strange situations, added user creation 
       handling(UNIX) POD
pwchange - map to foreach
startup.pl - memory savings

loncapa/loncom/auth
lonacc.pm - using new loncommon routines addd_to_env, get_unprocessed_cgi,
             accept passed symbs
lonauth.pm - set browser.type
loncacc.pm - use add_to_env
londes.js - unchanged
lonlogin.pm - no_cache, pass smaller keys, rewrite of login page
roles.tab - dc can bre

loncapa/loncom/build
- added piml/xfml, work on moving to install from .tar.gz

loncapa/loncom/cgi
plot.cgi - passing values cleaner through URL

loncapa/loncom/homework
capa.units - correct oz
edit.pm - sort inserts, editline added, entites protected, search and 
          browse added
grades.pm - pretty up subm table
hint.pm - tex updates, code cleanup
inputtags.pm - BUG191,163,94,64, Submit button renamed
               191( option response/answer submissions:  If one
	       response is omitted graded incorrect.)
	       163(simultaneous numerical responses not graded collectively)
	       94(" are bad in student submissions)
	       64(after deadline submissions)
insertlist.tab - randomlabel tags scoped
lonhomework.pm - memory savings, accept requested targets, analyze target
                 BUG277,246,189
optionresponse.pm - support target analyze, support tex,
                    BUG191,189
radiobuttonresponse.pm - support printing
randomlabel.pm - check args, support printing, edit mode in namespace
                 BUG43
response.pm - parms for hints work, BUG4 (picks correct rndseed when 
              viewing other user)
structuretags.pm - randomlist can do subset, support analyze,
                   after deadline submission, support printing problem
                   BUG288,189,64
caparesponse.pm - output tol and sig in numerical response problems 
                  when showing answer

loncapa/loncom/html
- remote updates, welcome screen updates,
    BUG227(CRST goes directly to viewed page if possible)

loncapa/loncom/interface
filetypes.tab - ps,eps,dvi -> ign, add spreadsheet.pm
groupsort.pm - javscript clean
lonchart.pm - expired versus current students, map -> foreach,
              sort by name or section, cache data, BUG105
loncommon.pm - large number of functions added, improved handling of form
               parameters, CSV data handling added, home server lists,
	       authentication javascript added, keyword cleanup
loncommunicate.pm - map to foreach
loncreatecourse.pm - only can use sequences, select domain
loncreateuser.pm - cleanups, can select users homeserver (need v1.35)
londropadd.pm - cleanups, can assign attributes to columns or
                columns to attributes, can pick homeserver (need v1.33)
lonevaluate.pm - uses get_unprocessed_cgi now
lonfeedback.pm - map to foreach, screennames
lonindexer.pm - show only some files, genearlized browse, BUG174
lonmenu.pm - map to foreach, IE on Mac works now
lonmeta.pm - map to foreach
lonmsg.pm - map to foreach, critical message display doesn't screwup first time
            checkall, uncheckall buttons
lonnavmaps.pm - cleaned up, passes symb, handles showing resources in a .page,
                multipart problems partially correct are marked as such,
		multipart problems show their status, <blink> removed
lonparmset.pm - cleanup, show section/student specific resource,
                removed ::reply and ::critical calls links to lonindexer,
		environment setting improved, BUG224
lonpreferences.pm - can modify password now, assign screen name
lonprintout.pm - should be able to print most resources
lonsearchcat.pm - cleanups
lonspreadsheet.pm - user space spreadsheets, hashes work
lonstatistics.pm - cleaned some, discrimination factor added, new presentation,
                   student status selectable.
mydesk.tab - added preferences
printout.pl - handles image conversions

loncapa/loncom/lonnet
lonnet.pm - use LCParser, HTML in metadata supported,
            reply kills dead connections, change password, hash and array 2 str
	    helper routines, specify a users home, cache resource data,
	    BUG207179,153,68
loncapa/loncom/misc
un_keywords.tab

loncapa/loncom/publisher
lonpublisher.pm - switch to LCParser, protect Entities, un/checkall 
                  buttons, adds allows for randomlabel
                  BUG179,153,68
publisher.html - supports returns and clicks, BUG211

loncapa/loncom/xml
londefdef.pm - printing updates, can print tables, images, <externallink>
lonplot.pm - many small updates, printable, (depends on plot.gif) BUG190,
lontexconvert.pm - new registerurl call
lonxml.pm - memory savings, now use LCParser, html editing improved,
            cleaner javascript, IE should work better, use get_unprocessed_cgi,
	    better warnings
            BUG 227,189,153,68
run.pm - no longer run amuck with $expr, improved error messages
scripttag.pm - better protecting of entities, use editline

----Ignoring Updates:
loncapa/loncom/publisher
lonpubdir.pm - resturctured but not finished

anything after friday 5:00 expect for londropadd.pm and
loncreateuser.pm fixes

----Removed Files
-loncapa/doc/L-CPlanning/L-C timeline.htm
-loncapa/doc/anaconda_packages.txt
-loncapa/doc/anaconda/index.html
-loncapa/doc/anaconda_interfaces/*
-loncapa/doc/build/confexamples/copyright.tab
-loncapa/doc/build/confexamples/language.tab
-loncapa/doc/loncapafiles/LON-CAPA-base-3.1-1.i386.rpm
-loncapa/doc/rat/resource.gif
-loncapa/doc/rat/rat_plan1.html
-loncapa/doc/rat/rat_plan2.html
-loncapa/doc/rat/resourceinfo.gif
-loncapa/doc/rat/resourcesonrat.gif
-loncapa/loncom/anaconda/RedHat/instimage/usr/bin/anaconda
-loncapa/loncom/anaconda/RedHat/instimage/usr/bin/loncapaconfig
-loncapa/loncom/anaconda/RedHat/instimage/usr/lib/anaconda/*
-loncapa/loncom/anaconda/RedHat/instimage/usr/share/anaconda/*
-loncapa/loncom/anaconda/Makefile
-loncapa/loncom/build/crufty_update.pl
-loncapa/loncom/build/kirs.pl
-loncapa/loncom/build/loncapaautoupgrade

-----Added Files (I plan to go with the latest version of these)
  (I am not sure I can guarentee a directory creation if there are no
  files in it)
+loncapa/doc/L-CPlanning/L-C_business_model.html
+loncapa/doc/L-CPlanning/L-C_timeline.htm
+loncapa/doc/how_to_install_loncapa_org.txt
+loncapa/doc/shortest_path_redhat7.2.txt
+loncapa/doc/api
+loncapa/doc/api/Apache
+loncapa/doc/build/contact.html
+loncapa/doc/build/download.html
+loncapa/doc/build/duties.txt
+loncapa/doc/build/faq.html
+loncapa/doc/build/installindex.html
+loncapa/doc/build/license.html
+loncapa/doc/distributions
+loncapa/doc/icons
+loncapa/doc/icons/gnu-head-sm.jpg
+loncapa/doc/icons/install_logo.gif
+loncapa/doc/interface
+loncapa/doc/interface/images
+loncapa/doc/lib
+loncapa/doc/lib/perl
+loncapa/doc/lib/perl/Apache
+loncapa/doc/loncapafiles/buildfiles.lpml
+loncapa/doc/loncapafiles/sanitycheck.piml
+loncapa/doc/man
+loncapa/doc/scripts
+loncapa/doc/tutorial
+loncapa/doc/tutorial/create_course.txt
+loncapa/loncom/build/weblayer_test
+loncapa/loncom/build/weblayer_test/Makefile
+loncapa/loncom/build/weblayer_test/make_test_user.pl
+loncapa/loncom/build/weblayer_test/test_login.pl
+loncapa/loncom/build/weblayer_test/test_weblayer.pl
+loncapa/loncom/build/check-rpms
+loncapa/loncom/build/distprobe
+loncapa/loncom/build/system_dependencies/pmvers
+loncapa/loncom/cgi/clusterstatus.pl
+loncapa/loncom/cgi/lonversions.pl
+loncapa/loncom/cgi/ping.pl
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/aboutlon.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/accessbutton.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/fillbottom.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/fillleft.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/fillright.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/filltop.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/header.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/lite.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/litetext.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/loncapalogo.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/lowerleft.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/lowerright.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/upperleft.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/upperright.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonIcons/userauthentication.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/adm/lonMisc/eval_button.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/res/adm/pages/pref.gif
+loncapa/loncom/html/res/adm/pages/bookmarkmenu/images_extra
+loncapa/loncom/test/testfile
+loncapa/loncom/xml/LCParser.pm
+loncapa/loncom/xml/Safe.pm

-----Not Added to STABLE
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper/Std_header
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper/README
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper/serprob.txt
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper/cnvprb
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper/footer
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper/header
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper/script
+loncapa/loncom/homework/CAPA-converter/conversion_wrapper/serprob.problem

-- 
[email-masked]        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS 
Guy Albertelli -7-8-9-  O-
    ...nobody messed with Don Quixote. He was nuts.

---

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:09:59 -0400 (EDT)

Latest version of lonplot.pm (1.74) (this morning) is good to go in stable.
Printing will be much better with these changes!

Matthew

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------