Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] samba and appletalk support is altered

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:28:05 -0400

Dear All:

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the latest
contents of:

  http://install.lon-capa.org/docs/reconfig/index.html

Essentially, LON-CAPA is no longer providing integrated
support of SAMBA and APPLETALK.  This means that:

* Samba and Appletalk will not be installed and configured
  automatically for LON-CAPA servers

* Institutions will be responsible for having system administrators
  that can configure Samba and Appletalk on their LON-CAPA
  server machines

*** HOWEVER ***

Example configuration files for Samba and Appletalk will
still be provided; they will be installed into:

/usr/local/loncapa/doc/conf_examples/

Regards,
Scott

-- 
Scott Harrison, [email-masked]