Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] 2.0 priorities

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:05:04 -0500 (EST)

-1 - Everyone - %ENV -> %env

0 - Gerd - a copy of the mesage text out as per an option, reply-to
specifyable

1 - Stuart - What's NEW!

2 - Guy - Submit Answer ->  really submit _a_ answer

3 - Guy - move PARM Defs to before res

5 - Gerd - hiding needs to become more easyish

6 - Guy - IP removal from hosts.tab

7 - Stuart - SuSE/RHEL install

8 - Guy - Grade Uploading need to be better
  - IDs
  - fractional and absolute
  - clickers thing

9 - Gerd - clicker support
  - clicker IDs
  - see above

10 - Stuart - DOCS needs undo

11 - Stuart - DOCs needs copy/move

12 - Gerd - force changes globally on publication.... just do
copyright and source availability stick helper into the middle of dir
publication

13 - Guy - Bridge tasks

14 - Felicia - Groups
   1) - Suart - angel style
   -- delayed 2) - Education style - cohorts
   3) - Guy - whateveryone else does - simple sections

15 - Guy - /OR - <nr> <fr> <sr> --- <o/r/m/rb/r> --- xml style on this

16 - Guy - instructor specified units

17 - Stuart - simple problem plagerism

18 - Guy/Gerd - condtionals - stop punishing the student

19 - Josh - .rights in source avail

20 - Guy - Grades.pm needs to set a CODE for grading

21 - Stuart - upload of HTML, request dependencies

22 - Rick - continually satisfyng random PT3 demands

---------------
Matthew finishing off

- <nr> anal
- training Stuart on install
- submission report cleanups

---------------
Be nice but who can work on it?
- PARM improvements - Mark Lucas seems to be volunteering

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:40:20 -0500 (EST)

> - PARM improvements - Mark Lucas seems to be volunteering

Is there someone at MSU that could provide feedback and assistance on the 
MSU end on internals and coding style? I don't want to be duplicating too 
much code and want to make sure I'm staying consistent.

Mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:12:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mark,

> MSU end on internals and coding style?

Yes, we have a recent fresh faced hirling, Guy Albertelli.

He will be coordinating all of the details and training external
developers.

You can contact him at [email-masked] or find him on
irc.freenode.net channel #loncapa

Basic style rule of thumb:

man perlstyle

with the one exception that we want our elses cuddled

As for internals, basic concepts conveyed in the GUTs book are still
correct. As for specifics somethings might have changed.

Either way ask away here or chat on IRC or call guy at home
734-913-5506 (8a.m. to 5p.m. EST, outside of that check on irc if I'm
awake first)