Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Do not call your domain "uploaded"

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:21:01 -0400

As I am implementing the concept of course and user uploaded documetns,
there is now a second domain name that is forbidden: "uploaded".

A LON-CAPA domain must not be called "adm" or "uploaded" - otherwise,
strange things happen. The install scripts should probably check for
those names.

- Gerd.

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:41:17 -0400

Actually, a domain should also not be called "priv".

Our top-level URL components now are

priv/username - construction space (local machine only)
adm - LON-CAPA stuff
res/adm - more LON-CAPA stuff, but behind login. At some point the plan
was (and maybe still is) to make a domain "adm" and user "includes" to be
able to replicate and distribute libraries more quickly
res/domain/username - published resource space ("res" frequently assumed
by default and also frequently stripped off when storing references and
symbs)
uploaded/domain/username - these are user-provided docs, not published
(need to call tokenwrapper to get from other machine)

Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:43:57 -0400

And while we are at it:

"raw" and "userfiles" are also bad names.

raw/domain/username - launch pad for replication
userfiles/domain/username - launch pad for one-time transfer of userfiles
from session host to home server

---

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:24:53 -0400

Hi Gerd,

Fixed.  See bug #649.  'priv', 'adm', 'userfiles', 'uploaded',
and 'raw' are now error-checked against being set or used as
the LON-CAPA servers domain name.  Ich hab' sanitycheck.piml und
updatequery.piml fuer das Computer Program ge-altered.

Regards,
Scott

> ------( NOTE )------------->
> This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Ramcell Online (http://www.ramcell.net/antivirus.asp)
> 

-- 
Scott Harrison, [email-masked]

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:27:18 -0400

danke schoen!