Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Re: [LON-CAPA-users] Essay Response - Plagiarism

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:18:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gerd,

> > Does it work on things like word documents?
> 
> Nope. Word is a binary proprietary format. A while ago I played with  
> some libraries to decode that stuff, but gave up.

I have good luck with catdoc in the past:
http://www.45.free.net/~vitus/software/catdoc/

-- 
[email-masked]   0-7-1-7-27,137

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:00:32 -0400

Hi Guy,

> http://www.45.free.net/~vitus/software/catdoc/

My problem was that I could not get anything to work as a library. I  
did not want to spawn additional processes.

- Gerd.