Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Kerberos configuration for MSU

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:33:31 -0400

Hi All, 

Since we (or at least I) seem to have a tremendous amount of trouble 
remembering how to get kerberos authentication working on fresh Fedora Core 
2 MSU installs, I thought I'd send the secret out to the mailing list.  This 
way I can search the mailing list for the configuration instead of spending 
hours searching the web for the most obvious bit of knowledge... 

The setup is for krb4 authentication. 

[root@s12 etc]# head -2 /etc/krb.conf
MSU.EDU
MSU.EDU         afsdb0.cl.msu.edu 

/etc/krb.realms is left unchanged.
/etc/krb5.conf is left unchanged. 

Anyways, it works now damn it.  The upgrade this weekend will be flawless 
provided the raid management utilities provided by Dell don't object to the 
newer linux kernel. 

Now I need to finish my beer. 

Matthew 

 ---------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           [email-masked]
LON-CAPA developer
Michigan State University
 ---------------------------------------