Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] BUG #1450

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:24:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I'd love to hear suggestions about addressing bug#1450.

And how widespread it's concerns are.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-6-9-

---

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:06:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

I think this is broaching the issue again that while a unique computer-id 
is understandably necessary for the guts, when a student or instructor 
think of problems they think of the order of presentation. Likewise for 
answer ids.

A user should not have to try to figure out what 11_12 and 11_13
mean and how they relate to 15_16 and 17. They should be something
like:

part 1 - answer 1
part 1 - answer 2
part 2 - answer 1
part 3

if indeed that is the order of them. 

There were comments last Fall from Jeremy on this, if I remember right, 
and we discussed it sitting around at the NSF site visit.

I think that it is an issue that needs to be addressed.

The suggestion of a name field may make sense, and in fact have a name 
field that automatically gets rearranged (unless specifically preempted) 
by the publication process to have it represent the order of parts and 
answers.

My 2-cents,

Mark

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev
> 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:27:26 -0400 (EDT)

Mark,

I put your comments on the bug report.

Matthew

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------