Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] <algebra> on Windows XP and IE 6

From: "H. K. Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:57:44 -0500

Hi Guy,

 >I parses 'algebraic notation' into latex and then passes tth over it.
 >
 >This should look goodish:
 ><algebra>asin(3/(int(x,4,10)))</algebra>

This does not seem to display properly under windows xp and IE 6. The view 
source code

sin<sup><font face="symbol">-</font>1</sup>([&nbsp;3/(<font 
face="symbol">ò</font><sub>4</sub><sup>10</sup>(<i>x</i>))])

Under FC3 and Mozilla, the corresponding line is
sin<sup>&#8722;1</sup>([&nbsp;3/(&#8747;<sub>4</sub><sup>10</sup>(<i>x</i>))])

-hk

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:14:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> This does not seem to display properly under windows xp and IE 6. The view 

Hrrm, I haven't had any problems here with <m>, not sure why <algebra>
wouldn't work considering it's using the same code (tth) to do the
rendering.

I'll revive my windows test machine later and see if I have offended
it in some way with my latest changes.

> face="symbol">?</font><sub>4</sub><sup>10</sup>(<i>x</i>))])
> 

This is expected.

IE 6 doesn't support Unicode fonts points well. But does support <font
face="symbol"> so we tell tth to output symbol font stuff.

Mozilla/Firefox doesn't support <font face="symbol"> stuff at all but
rather requires unicode references.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-9-