Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] 0.99.5 released

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:16:53 -0400 (EDT)

New Release Canidate Version 0.99.5 Released

Fixes a few small but annoying bugs, anyone who is currently running 0.99.4
is encouraged to update. 

Notable Fixes from 0.99.4:
- resource browsing should work correctly at the domain and author levels
- imageresponse should work correctly again

1) You will need to be running Redhat 7.X (preferably 7.3)
   for this release to work

2) if you haven't already download and install the 3.7 systemperl rpm

If you are running RedHat 7.X get
http://install.loncapa.org/resources/LON-CAPA-systemperl-3.7-rh7.i386.rpm

Install it by doing:
rpm -e `rpm -q -a | grep systemperl`
rpm --install --force --nodeps LON-CAPA-systemperl-3.7-rh7.i386.rpm

Verify it is installed by doing:

$ rpm -q LON-CAPA-systemperl

RedHat 7.X will show
LON-CAPA-systemperl-3.7-rh7

3) Download the new LON-CAPA tarball from
wget http://install.lon-capa.org/versions/loncapa-0.99.5.tar.gz

and untar it

tar xzvf loncapa-0.99.5.tar.gz

4) Run the UPDATE script as root
cd loncapa-0.99.5
su
./UPDATE

5) restart the system services
/etc/rc.d/init.d/loncontrol stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/loncontrol start
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

----NOTES
1) Many questions are answered at http://help.lon-capa.org
2) Defects reports, and enhancements requests can be entered at
   http://bugs.lon-capa.org
3) Mailing lists can be joined and left at http://mail.lon-capa.org
4) We have withdrawn support for RedHat 6.2 for subsequent releases
   please update your systems to RedHat 7.3
5) We are working on supporting RedHat 8.0 and 9 more easily, but for
   right now Lon-CAPA should work on 8.0 or 9 systems, You will need
   to install all of the CPAN modules by hand, (You can use the TEST
   script to find out what is missing.) And you can use the
   apache/mod_perl/mm rpms at http://install.loncapa.org/resources/ to
   install apache 1.3.X and mod_perl 1, also grab the tth.so up there
   and replace the one in the loncapa tarfile before running UPDATE
   (There appears to be at least one bug plaguing RH9 that we are working
   on.)

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-6-1-