Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Future Directions Ideas

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:13:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

As per normal for this I'd like to get the votes on bugzilla and and
lists of demands that aren't in bugzilla posted here.

It'd be best if we get this done by next monday, so everyone can have a
chance to read them over before the meeting.

Thanks!

-- 
[email-masked]   0-7-0-9-27,137

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:05:37 -0400

Hi,

So, here are three things from my current perspective:

* User Interface: MSU will soon change the wording on accessibility  
requirements, and eventually, section 508 compliance will become a  
requirement, not only for federally funded projects. So, I think we  
need to put further work into interface cleanup, CSS-ing, and  
unification, and then work through the issues that were identified in  
our accessibility review. I am currently in the process of trying to  
get additional funding for that, but it is unclear if and when that  
would be available. But we need to do this in any case.

* Portfolio: MSU rejected OSP as an "amorphous blob", where the user  
needs to make way to many decisions and configurations BEFORE having  
the content available - the interface was seen as "upside down."  
ANGEL's portfolio is "not quite there yet" (according to MSU), since  
what it produces as access to the files "looks too ugly" to be  
presentable. But ANGEL will likely catch up after their 7.2-release.

* Clickers: MSU will recommend iClicker and einstruction as clickers  
of choice, where einstruction will have a way to register the  
clickers through ANGEL rather than off-site. Same for iClicker. We  
should have that ability, if possible, by fall.

- Gerd.

On Mar 13, 2007, at 3:13 PM, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:49:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gerd,

> presentable. But ANGEL will likely catch up after their 7.2-release.

Hrrm, your other two bullet points had a concrete suggestions to
them. Are there any 'we need to do X' associated with this one?

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:54:47 -0400

Hi,

> them. Are there any 'we need to do X' associated with this one?

Nope, but we can invite the team leader to talk to us. Let me see if  
that is a possibility while you are in town.

- Gerd.