Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] The daemon that refused to die

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:56:41 -0500 (EST)

Hey,

I'm getting the following errors when I /etc/init.d/httpd restart :

[Wed Mar 13 16:28:53 2002] [warn] child process 15448 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Wed Mar 13 16:28:53 2002] [warn] child process 15450 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Wed Mar 13 16:29:00 2002] [crit] (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could
not bind to port 80

Anyone else seeing these?

Matthew

 --
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:02:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi Matthew,

> Anyone else seeing these?

Yep I was seeing these.

What is causing it is when httpd Exits it calls lonnet::flushlogs

Checkout the lonnet.log it'll let you know what it is trying to flush
that is taking so long.

-- 
[email-masked]        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS 
Guy Albertelli -7-9-8-  O-
    I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

---

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:14:12 -0500 (EST)

Hmmm, my logs are full of:

Wed Mar 13 16:34:07 2002 (15450): Second attempt con_lost on no_host
Wed Mar 13 16:34:07 2002 (15448): Second attempt con_lost on no_host
Wed Mar 13 16:34:12 2002 (15450): Second attempt con_lost on no_host
Wed Mar 13 16:34:12 2002 (15448): Second attempt con_lost on no_host
Wed Mar 13 16:34:17 2002 (15450): Second attempt con_lost on no_host
Wed Mar 13 16:34:17 2002 (15448): Second attempt con_lost on no_host

Interesting.  I've recently pared down my development_hosts.tab to just kirk,
I'll see if it still whines...

Matthew

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev
>