Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-25

From: Stuart Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 11:19:25 -0500

Hi,

This message is intended for people who are running bleeding edge  
LON-CAPA on a development machine/VM.

New rpms for LONCAPA-prerequisites have been added to the LON-CAPA  
testing repos used by developers found at:  
http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/

In addition, new debs for loncapa-prerequisites have been added to:
http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/ubuntu/

The new version number is 1-25.

So far rpms have been built and added for CentOS, RHEL, Scientific  
Linux 5, 6 and 7 -- 32 bit and 64 bit for 5&6; 64 bit only for 7.  New  
debs have been added for all supported Ubuntu LTS versions.

yum clean all
yum update

will install the rpm on RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux if you have  
included the testing repos in /etc/yum.conf by adding lines such as:

[loncapa-testing-basearch]
name=CentOS $releasever LON-CAPA $basearch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/centos/$releasever/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa

[loncapa-testing-noarch]
name=CentOS $releasever LON-CAPA noarch Testing
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/centos/$releasever/noarch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa

Notes:
1. for RHEL replace centos with redhat, and CentOS with RHEL
2. For Scientific Linux replace centos with scientific, and CentOS  
with Scientific Linux.

To include the MSU Testing repo for Ubuntu, edit the  
/etc/apt/sources.list file so it includes a line such as:

deb http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/ubuntu/ trusty main

Notes:
1. For Ubuntu 12.04 LTS replace trusty with precise
2. For Ubuntu 10.04 LTS replace trusty with lucid
3. For Ubuntu 8.04 LTS replace trusty with hardy

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -f upgrade

should update things.  If not, you can try using:

sudo apt-get remove loncapa-prerequisites
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install -f loncapa-prerequisites

Stuart Raeburn
Technical Director
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium