Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Some bombs -

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:46:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm getting some bombs on old problems and was wondering if anyone could 
give the 30s explanation of what's going on here in general. (What is the 
deal with this 'substitution on' ?)

Thanks!
Mark

Subject: Error [ohiou/serwaylib/Chap15/sf-prob1526mal.problem]
From: Mark A Lucas (lucas at ohiou)
Course: Physics 202/Summer 2004
Time: Tue Jul 27 06:45:12 2004

substitution on 

\textit{

 with 

 caused 

 require trapped by operation mask at (eval 15823) line 13.

Subject: Error [ohiou/OUp200lib/sfChpt15/sf1506a.problem]
From: Mark A Lucas (lucas at ohiou)
Course: Physics 202/Summer 2004
Time: Tue Jul 27 06:45:10 2004

substitution on 

Q

 with 

my $type="loncapa/perl";

 caused 

 require trapped by operation mask at (eval 4999) line 13.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:58:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mark,

> deal with this 'substitution on' ?)

There is a bug in 1.1.99.3 that is causing this. It is fixed for the
upcoming 1.1.99.4 or 1.2.0 (whatever it turns out to be.)

For the quick fix, stick

  $safeeval->permit("require");

into lonxml.pm around line 750 (there are a lot of 
  $safehole->wrap(...) lines, put it after them.

And comment out the

$safeeval->permit("require");

and

$safeeval->deny("require");

in run.pm

and do a restart on the webserver.

-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-9-