Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Linux machine needed

From: Helen Keefe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:06:03 -0400

Hi!

Several months ago, we discussed putting together a Contact Management
database system.

I think we had decided on a freeware product that runs on a Linux
machine.  Since I am in the process of getting this kind of information
together for the newsletter distribution, it may be the best time to get
the software up and running.  

I can't remember the name of the software, but I remember talking with
Guy about it.
I can look through my email files to find it.

At any rate, I need help setting up a machine and getting started.

Thanks,
Helen
-- 
Helen Keefe
LON-CAPA/ ITR Project Manager
Laboratory for Instructional Technology in Education
111 North Kedzie Labs
East Lansing, MI 48824

E-mail: [email-masked]
Web:   http://www.lite.msu.edu/
Phone: 517-432-9867
Fax:   517-432-5653

---

From: Felicia Berryman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:34:03 -0400

Hello,

I still have kronecker which Helen can use.  I'm hoping to get rid of
the broken, old slimey completely and make oscar my small machine for
the extra monitor and Gerd said that I can have Behrouz's old machines
which I'd like to install LON-CAPA on.  I think Behrouz's old machine is
still better than oscar.  I believe oscar is a pentium I and the
x-server crashes quite a bit.

I could update Kronecker with Debian, but that would only affect a
portion of its hard drive because it is a dual boot machine with Windows
and Debian.  I think it would be easiest to install Red Hat 7.3 from
scratch onto Kronecker.

Felicia
--
Felicia Berryman
LON-CAPA Coordinator
Michigan State University
  Email:  [email-masked]
  Phone:  (517)432-9866  
http://www.lon-capa.org