Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] RPMs

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:54:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

	I am now running 7.3 on most of my servers, with the 0.4 stable 
release. Thanks to Guy I found a couple of kicked-in-the-head errors (of 
my own doing with installation). One last question:

	Is there a definitive list of rpms that MUST be installed for 
proper functioning? (ie., samba and nsf don't have to be installed,
but latex MUST be installed for proper printing and setuid must be 
installed).

	Thanks,
		Mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:43:53 -0400

Dear Mark:

Quick answer: "yes and no".

The best list is what Matthew developed inside
"doc/install/redhat7.3/install.pl".

This "install.pl" file should also be present inside the tarball:
http://install.loncapa.org/versions/rh73install/loncapa-rh73install.tar

Also, there are some new plans for reviving something like "make rpmstatuspost"
in the future--and it will focus on the "MUST be installed" category.

Regards,
Scott

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev

-- 
Scott Harrison, [email-masked]

Whether or not we realize it each of us has within us the ability
to set some kind of example for people. Knowing this would you
rather be the one known for being the one who encouraged others,
or the one who inadvertently discouraged those around you?
--Josh Hinds

---

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:10:15 -0400 (EDT)

Mark,

I do not have such a list.  If you are interested in what items had to be
installed to get it to work on a base RedHat7.3 server installation, you can
check out the install.pl script in loncapa/doc/install/redhat7.3  As far as
what required items were already installed, I do not have that information.

Let me know if you need help...

Matthew

Hi- >

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Scott Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:50:23 -0400

install.pl is the best list we currently have.
There may also be other critically important
RPMs like "filesystem" which are not listed
in install.pl