Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Upgrade status

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:09:47 -0500 (EST)

Hello all.

We have installed all the new machines and rearranged the locations
of the servers.  The new machines have not had an OS installed on them
(they didn't even have win2k installed by Dell), so that will be taken
care of today.

Unfortunately, s12 has not been plugged in yet.  We'll work on it but
there may be a hard choice to make - we're drawing full power from both
power supplies already and turning on s12 causes alarms to go off.

The future status of S10 and s1-s4 depends on how easy it is to upgrade
data.lite.msu.edu to RedHat 7.3.  If it turns out to be difficult, I
will wait until Friday to deal with them with Guy's help.

Outages will always have the potential to bite people in the ass (Hi Scott!),
myself included.  I'll work hard to get data taken care of today and will
not touch S10 until tomorrow at the earliest.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Matthew

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:39:17 -0500

Hi Matthew,

We will need http://s12.lite.msu.edu/ to be up this coming semester, since it is
needed to run CBI (I will teach). We need to buy more UPS's with normal plugs,
so they can go on the standard outlet.

- Gerd.

Matthew Brian Hall wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev