Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] parameter.html

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:28:15 -0400 (EDT)

Guy and Gerd especially,

	This bug for ie4.0 and ie5.0 seems to be related to 
parameter.html. If I print out the return value from the popup window, it
does not show up for standard integers. It DOES work for ranges of 
integers (a bit useless for tries and weight).

        I'm suspecting the integereval function and am currently trying to 
fill a dummy variable which I can print on return to lonparmset.

	In the meantime, anybody know of a reason why the following code 
might not behave under IE5.0?

(I have 5.0 on an older laptop. I don't have 4.0 available)

function integereval() {
   svalue=choices.document.forms.sch.intval.value;
   svalue=Math.round(svalue);
   if (pscat=='zeropos') { svalue=Math.abs(svalue); }
   if ((pscat=='pos') && (svalue==0)) {
      svalue='';
   }
   if (pscat.indexOf('inrange')!=-1) {
      var rangeparts=new Array;
      rangeparts=split('_',pscat);
      rangeparts=split(',',rangeparts[1]);
      if (svalue<rangeparts[0]) { svalue=rangeparts[0]; }
      if (svalue>rangeparts[1]) { svalue=rangeparts[1]; }
   }
   draw();
}

	THANKS!
	     Mark
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701