Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Keeping up Appearances

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:28:13 -0400

Wonderful!

LON-CAPA now (not stable, just developers) has headers and color schemes
for different kinds of roles (student, admin, coordinator, and author).

You can now also change the looks of LON-CAPA to reflect your logos and
color schemes inside of your domain (or inside of courses from your
domain, running anywhere).

/home/httpd/html/adm/lonDomLogos has logos for domains. If there is a
logo with the name [domainname].gif in there, LON-CAPA will use it, e.g.
msu.gif. Logos should be at most 85 pixels high (or as high as the
headers you are using, see below), not too wide, and GIF format. If you
do not like your logo, email me another one. Transparency is a problem,
since these logos will appear on a variety of background colors.

/home/httpd/lonTabs/lonDomColors has a number of tables. default.tab has
everything that can be configured. You can also put in a file
[domainname.tab] which can override any settings from default.tab for a
domain - check out annarbor.tab and worf.tab as examples. You can modify
the looks of the "header" pages for all kinds of users, and the look of
the login page, including the top header and the LON-CAPA logo. If you
want to replace these logos, give your logos a unique name, and put them
into /home/httpd/html/adm/lonInterFace

Note that all domain designs should be supported on all machines in the
network. So: check them into CVS or email them to me, so they become
part of the distribution.

Sorry, no maps of Germany in the Remote Control background. All of this
mess started with Guy's hurting eyes.

- Gerd.