Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Reminder

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 12:18:41 -0400

Hi All,

Just a reminder to please send me your material for the GUTS manual as
soon as anything is ready to go. So far, I only have stuff on
"Statistics and Charts" (THANKS!!!) ...

- Gerd.

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 14:41:33 -0400

Oh, and if you have figures in your material, please label them according to
day and session.

Day 3 session 4 has Fig. 3.4.1, 3.4.2, etc.

Attached again is the agenda. Notice the change that Behrouz is going to give
session 2 on day 3 - so I labelled his figures 3.2.x :-)

I would like to include the exercises in the GUTS manual to cut down the
number of loose sheets and separate copy jobs. From what it looks like right
now, every participant will have their own standalone LON-CAPA server. One of
the first exercises will be to network it with your neighbor ...

Please work little exercises into your presentation.

Pointers to help.lon-capa.org, cvs-doc-tree, MS Word work for me to include.

===

LON-CAPA Technical Workshop
Computer Center MicroLab room 313

Day 1/ June 10th, 2002

8:30    Breakfast

9:00    Intro/Demo -- lonc/d replication and load balancing     Gerd

10:15   Break

10:30   Apache Handlers (loncapa_apache.conf) - auth- access handlers -
session environment overview    Gerd & Matthew

Noon    Lunch

1:00    Roles + lonnet/loncommon useful functions       Guy

2:00    How to install - proper test/debug cycle for handlers -
coding/documentation guidelines         Guy

3:00    Break

3:15    Worktime (make a new handler, debugging/testing)        Guy

5:00    Session Concludes

Day 2/ June 11th, 2002

8:30    Breakfast

9:00    Roles - data storage – parameters       Gerd

10:15   Break

10:30   Spreadsheet             Matthew

11:45   Lunch

12:45   Publication - content maps - course maps        Gerd

2:00    XML handler (simple tags, globals, multiple targets, style
files)               Guy

3:00    Break

3:15    Worktime (store (temp/remote) data - hash <-> dbfile mapping - make
a new tag)      Guy

5:00    Session ends

5:30    Group Dinner at University Club  (Dinner served at 6pm)

Day 3/ June 12th, 2002

8:30    Breakfast

9:00    Problem engine / specialty targets (grade/edit/print)   Guy

10:15   Break

10:30   Statistics/chart        Behrouz

11:45   Lunch

12:45   Lonsql          Gerd

2:00    CVS / bugzilla intro    Guy

3:15    Break

3:30    Worktime (undirected)   Guy

5:00    Session ends

Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev