Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Mixing server versions

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:03:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Just a kicked in the head question about servers.

I have 1 library server (oucapa2) and two access servers (oucapa7 and 
oucapa10).

I normally point loncapa.phy.ohiou.edu to capa7 and capa10, but for the
first half of the summer, I'll be using capa2 as both library and access 
running 0.6.2.

My intention is to kick capa7 and capa10 up at my leisure to 0.99.X.
When it comes to running for second summer session, when it's my neck on 
the line, not someone elses, I'll then bump oucapa2 up to the accepted 
fairly stable release du jour.

How dangerous would it be to take capa7 and capa10 up to 0.99.2 and
run them as access servers against a 0.6.2 library server?

Thanks,
Mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---

From: Guy Albertelli II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:46:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mark,

> run them as access servers against a 0.6.2 library server?

It should be okay. We are doing that here.

The biggest issue is with SPRS and CHRT. Most likely you will need to
do your CC stuff on the library server
-- 
[email-masked]  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-6-9-