Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Irregularity

From: Mark Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:06:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi-

I've got something a bit funny. It seems to be fixed in the most recent 
CVS stuff, but we won't be running that in production until Fall unless 
there is a mid-release planned for Mid-March (we start a new quarter March 
31).

There is a sequence for assignment 7 (assign6.sequence).

It has a number of problems in it, including:

<link index="8" from="43" to="46"></link>
<resource src="/res/ohiou/tipler/ch9/tipler09-054.problem" title="A block 
lifted by a steel cable " id="46"></resource>
<link index="9" from="46" to="49"></link>
<resource src="/res/ohiou/tipler/ch9/tipler09-068.problem" title="An 
Atwood's machine" id="49
"></resource>
<link index="10" from="49" to="51"></link>

When viewing as CC, all is well. The order in NAV shows fine.

When viewing as student, all is not well. One sees: (in shorthand)

Block:
  (part 15)
  (part 17)

But block points to block, and part15,17 point to Atwood.

They print fine.

Forward and Backward arrows work fine.

I was able to enter answers in both just fine.
One of our students claimed they could not enter answers in the BLOCK 
problem.

I can't find any funny business with either problem.

************
Question: Is this a known problem that was fixed? If so what was the 
probable issue?

I need to somehow keep people from doing whatever it is for another 
quarter.
************

Mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lucas					email: [email-masked]
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701