Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] New gigabit switch on Monday

From: "Matthew Brian Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:47:06 -0500 (EST)

Hello all.

The new gigabit switch is due to be installed on Monday.  They were unable
to log into our current switch to reconfigure it (the two switches will
be daisy-chained), so we may have to reboot it.  Thus there may be a loss
of network connectivity.  Hopefully this will be brief (<30 min).

The new access servers are also in and will be brought up during the next
week as well.  I'm looking forward to putting little white labels on each
of them (s[567], I presume).

I will have to do some rearranging of things in the racks.  Specifically,
I will need to find a new home for our backup tapes and that big old
UPS that is sitting in the rack.

If there is to be any planned network downtime, I'll send an email out.

Matthew

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         [email-masked]
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University
------------------------------------------------------------------