Subject: [LON-CAPA-dev] Catalog.pm missing

From: Stefan Bisitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:17:01 +0200

Hi,

An update on our development server (CentOS 5) to bleeding edge has
caused troubles. Catalog.pm is missing.

The restart of the webserver complains:
(/var/log/httpd/error_log)
[error] Can't locate DateTime/Locale/Catalog.pm in @INC (
[...]
) at /home/httpd/lib/perl//Apache/loncommon.pm line 72.

The latest version of loncommon.pm (1.687) uses
use DateTime::Locale::Catalog;
in line 72

I checked /etc/yum.conf and found the production versions. I changed
this to testing versions according to Stuarts E-Mail:
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-dev/2007-November/001852.html
and executed
yum update

Catalog.pm is still missing.

What to do? Manual install? Of course I can do this, but shouldn't it be
"automatically" included? Can I expect that it will be included in the
LON-CAPA-prerequisites in future?

What do you suggest to do for now?

Thanks,
Stefan Bisitz

---

From: Gerd Kortemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:38:28 -0400

Hi,

We had the same trouble from East Lansing, I believe, and the issue  
turned out to not be a missing Catalog.pm at all. Instead, I seem to  
remember that there was a syntax error elsewhere in code that somebody  
modified locally. The Apache "backtracer" is not the best, and the  
error message was spurious.

Do a complete

cvs update -d -A
cd build
make build
make install
restart

The problem will probably go away.

- Gerd.

On Sep 29, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Stefan Bisitz wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> LON-CAPA-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.lon-capa.org/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa-dev

---

From: Stefan Bisitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:52:29 +0200

Thanks, Gerd, for the quick reply. Schneller als die Polizei erlaubt ;-)

I followed your instructions but unfortunately this doesn't help. Still
the same issues.

I'm using loncommon.pm 1.686 instead now until we find a solution.

Any other idea?

Sorry for no better news,
Stefan

---

From: Stefan Bisitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:00:15 +0200

Hi again,

I also tried "make clean" before "make build", but still the same.
By the way, the issues also occurred on an brand new (virtual)
installation, not only on our standard dev server.

Stefan