[LON-CAPA-announce] Guy Albertelli

Gerd Kortemeyer korte@lite.msu.edu
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:37:38 -0500

Hi,

Well, I got some sad news: Guy Albertelli, Technical Director of our
LON-CAPA Project, has been telecommuting from Silicon Valley for a
while. He has now decided to take an opportunity to accept a position
with Kosmix.com,

http://www.kosmix.com/

This Friday, December 7, 2007 will be his last day with us.

Guy has been working with the CAPA/LON-CAPA Project since 1994. I
guess it makes no sense to even try to begin listing all of his
contributions and accomplishments - all of you know Guy!

Guy will remain connected to the LON-CAPA project as part-owner the
LON-CAPA hosting and service company, eduCog, LLC, http://
www.educog.com/ .

Over the course of the coming weeks, we will reconfigure the
leadership of the LON-CAPA Project in coordination with Michigan
State University, as well as our partner universities at a Board
Meeting on Dec. 13th. We'll keep you posted regarding the developments.

For now, I would recommend to be on the lookout for Kosmix's IPO -
with Guy behind it, it's going to be a good investment.

Sincerely,

Gerd Kortemeyer.
--
Gerd Kortemeyer, Ph.D.