[LON-CAPA-admin] OpenStax Repository?

Raeburn, Stuart raeburn at msu.edu
Fri Jan 5 11:44:05 EST 2024

Nathan,

Yes, I had seen that all but one of the fsu LON-CAPA nodes were unreachable and I sent an email to the LON-CAPA administrator at Florida State yesterday (1/4) seeking information.  I have not yet received a reply.

The unreachable nodes include the FSU LON-CAPA library server -- loncapa10.fsu.edu -- so resources in the openstax-CollegePhysics directory in /res/fsu/ are currently unavailable for replication.

Possibilities are that (a) the servers are temporarily offline for maintenance, or (b) IT policies have changed at FSU such that access to web ports on the majority of the LON-CAPA servers is only available from the FSU campus network (or VPN), or (c) the institution has discontinued use of LON-CAPA.

Anyway, I see you included a Cc to the fsu LON-CAPA administrator in your email to this list.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium