[LON-CAPA-admin] running loncapa behind nginx reverse proxy

Todd Pfaff pfaff at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Sun Sep 12 17:38:07 EDT 2021

I posted this question back in 2019:

http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2019-October/003406.html

but got no response so I'm trying again.

We run an Nginx reverse proxy front-end server where we do all of our ssl
termination and proxy to various back-end hosts for various web services.
Our LON-CAPA server is one of those back-ends.

I want all access to LON-CAPA to use the front-end hostname so that it
goes through our nginx front-end but I find that some of the LON-CAPA page
links are being written using the name of the back-end host.

What do I need to tweak to avoid some of the LON-CAPA html hrefs being
written using the back-end hostname?

What hostname should be in the various lonTabs files: the front-end
hostname or the back-end hostname?

Thanks,
Todd