[LON-CAPA-admin] Problems with operating system updates

Kruse, Marcel m.kruse at ostfalia.de
Mon Jan 25 07:03:39 EST 2021

Dear LON-CAPA-admins,

trying to update the operating system of our server I encountered a problem today.

"sudo yum update" failed with the following error:

"Error: Package: LONCAPA-prerequisites-1-26.centos7.x86_64 (loncapa-updates-basearch)

           Requires: perl-Number-FormatEng
Error: Package: LONCAPA-prerequisites-1-26.centos7.x86_64 (loncapa-updates-basearch)
           Requires: perl-Math-Calculus-Expression_loncapa
Error: Package: LONCAPA-prerequisites-1-26.centos7.x86_64 (loncapa-updates-basearch)
           Requires: perl-File-ReadBackwards
Error: Package: LONCAPA-prerequisites-1-26.centos7.x86_64 (loncapa-updates-basearch)
           Requires: perl-Net-CIDR
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest"

I did not try to use the "skip workaround", fearing this might result in  further errors in

future updates.

Trying to install "Number::FormatEng", for example,  manually via cpan, showed that this module

was already installed, which seems to kind of contradict at least the first of the above errors.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Many thanks in advance and greetings from Wolfenbüttel, Germany.

Best regards,

Marcel Kruse

B. Sc. Marcel Kruse

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Ostfalia - Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften

Salzdahlumer Str. 46/48

38302 Wolfenbüttel

Büro: Am Exer 2, Raum 72

Tel.: 05331/939-31750