[LON-CAPA-admin] View warnings from resource that doesn't publish

Raeburn, Stuart raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Mar 26 17:52:26 EDT 2019

Lee,

The "443 warnings" suggests that this is related to port 443 (i.e., https).

My guess is that response coming back from an LWP request to render "Lee Test Problem 3.problem" (with POSTed args: grade_target'=>'web', 'return_only_error_and_warning_counts' => 1),  when you attempt to publish, is the string:

Can't connect to hostname.lon-capa.illinois.edu:443

which LON-CAPA then splits on the colon
into an "errorcount" of:  "Can't connect to hostname.lon-capa.illinois.edu" (which is listed as 0 errors)
and a "warningcount" of 443 (which is listed as: 443 warnings).

For the URL of your standalone server/VM, whatsmychaincert.com reports that your SSL chain is misconfigured, whereas for your production library server whatsmychaincert.com reports that the SSL chain is correct.

I would compare the Apache SSL config (specifically the certificate chain) on this server/VM with the one on your production library server (for which the script below does not report an error).

I tested requests for the URL: ht  tp s : // hostname.lon-capa.illinois.edu/adm/about.html
(removing the spaces from ht  tp s : //  which I put there to stop Proofpoint modifying the URL in this post to the list, and replacing hostname with the actual hostname of your server/VM).

(a) from a web browser, and
(b) from a script on CentOS 7 which uses LWP.

The browser fetched the page OK, but the script returned:
Can't connect to hostname.lon-capa.illinois.edu:443

Here is the script:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use LWP::UserAgent();