[LON-CAPA-admin] Failed to flush log buffer

Bynum, Lee Hamilton leebynum at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 4 17:03:30 EST 2019

Hello Everyone,

I'm doing some debugging and came across this in lonnet.log.

/home/httpd/perl/logs/lonnet.log.2:Sat Mar  2 15:33:17 2019 (77990): Failed to flush log buffer for uiuc_9K59659dde42f5c88uiuclibrary1

I'm seeing that it is generated by flushcourselogs() in lonnet.pm and indicates that a course transaction faile to be logged.  However, it also seems to be related to last transaction times.

The log buffer not being flushed seems relatively minor, but I'm wondering if the last transaction times that are being interacted with in this function might have something to do with my Sudden Closings bug.  Those involve course resources becoming unavailable isolated students across courses.  I'm going to start tracing down that rabbit hole, but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone else has thoughts.

Lee