[LON-CAPA-admin] problem with dependencies in centos/sl 7

Juan Eduardo Ramirez eduardo at charma.uprm.edu
Mon Aug 29 14:05:02 EDT 2016

Hi,

  I noted yum stopped updating our loncapa server. Checking closer, I
found that  maxima-runtime-sbcl has the wrong dependence (See below)
holding other packages updates. The problem is sbcl can not be upgraded
to epel version 1.2.8-1.el7 because maxima-runtime is asking for a given
version from previous os (el6).

Could this be fixed, to let automatic security updates work again?

Thanks,

Eduardo

##from yum-daily.cron output###

Failed to check for updates with the following error message:
Failed to build transaction:
maxima-runtime-sbcl-5.30.0-3.scientific.lc.x86_64 requires sbcl =
1.0.38-3.el6