[LON-CAPA-admin] Can't access server from off campus

Todd Ruskell todd.ruskell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 09:39:33 EST 2015

Hi all,

We've got a library server, a load balancer, and an access server in our
cluster.  The library server and load balancer are both accessible from on
and off campus.  For some reason the access server is only available from
on campus--with campus IP addresses behind the campus-wide firewall.   Any
access from an off-campus IP address gives a "web page not available"
time-out error.

Our IT people assure me that the holes in the campus firewall are the same
for all three machines.  Assuming that's true, I've tried completely
shutting off iptables on the access server, and still no luck.  Is there
something in the configuration of LON-CAPA itself that I may have set, not
realizing the effect it would have?

Do you have any other ideas of what to look for?

Thanks,
Todd