[LON-CAPA-admin] Checking on a student complaint (lost grades)

James Clawson clawsonj at mailbox.sc.edu
Mon Mar 30 12:29:21 EDT 2015

I would like some advice on how to check (or what to check) for proof
that a student has or has not completed an assignment.

Background:
     A faculty member gets an email from a student saying that they
tried to check their grades on a homework assignment and it shows that
it was not done.  The student says they did the work.  The faculty
member asked me to see if there is any way to verify or refute this.

What I've done so far:
     I looked around and found the directory for that student username
and looked at the activity.log file.  I converted the time at login to
something readable and recorded the last 7 login attempts..  Are they
any tools for looking at these logs or history files in a way that can
give a "play by play" record of student activity?

Any help on what else to look at?

James

--
James Clawson, Jr.