[LON-CAPA-admin] LON-CAPA 2.11.1

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Jun 30 09:59:13 EDT 2015

Hi JaBari,

> We were planning to upgrade to 2.11.0 in mid-July; however, the NPAPI
> issues resolved in 2.11.1 have us reconsidering whether we should skip
> 2.11.0.

In the LON-CAPA network currently (6/30) 38 LON-CAPA servers/VMs are
running LON-CAPA 2.11.1 (released 5/30/2015), whereas 31 servers/VMs
are running LON-CAPA 2.11.0 (released 6/30/2014).

> ... Has anyone experienced
> any glaring issues in 2.11.1 that were not present in 2.11.0?

I have not experienced any "glaring issues" for the domains I manage:
msu, msudemo, testdrive, or the loncapa.net hosted LON-CAPA domains.
Of course if significant issues were encountered they would be
addressed promptly in a new release.

The 2.11.1 release fixes some issues present in 2.11.0.

In addition, as you noted, some Java-based features (Math Editor,
Molecule Editor etc.) are replaced with Javascript/HTML5 equivalents
-- "NPAPI issues", in your terminology.

Release/Installation notes for 2.11.1 are available here:
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2015-May/003053.html

Personally, I would update directly from 2.10.1 to 2.11.1, not least
because the update process is significantly faster for library servers
for 2.11.1, than was the case for previous releases.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium