[LON-CAPA-admin] Missing server-status page

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Fri Jul 10 18:36:39 EDT 2015

Hi Maged,

> I came across an issue when I try to check "Apache Status Page" on
> the " Server Utilities for Domain".
>
> I have UB 12 system.

Thanks for reporting this.

In Ubuntu 10, 12 and 14, you can either

(a) remove the symlink: /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/status.conf, which
points at ../mods-available/status.conf

or

(b) leave the symlink in place and comment out the following item in
/etc/apache2/mods-available/status.conf

<Location /server-status>
     SetHandler server-status
     Order deny,allow
     Deny from all
     Allow from 127.0.0.1 ::1
     Allow from 192.0.2.0/24
</Location>

and then reload Apache using:
sudo service apache2 reload

Notes:

1. LON-CAPA's own Apache configuration file:
/etc/apache2/loncapa_apache.conf

includes its own entry for /server-status

<Location /server-status>
PerlAccessHandler Apache::lonstatusacc
SetHandler server-status
</Location>

which was apparently being overridden by the entry in Ubuntu's
standard status.conf file.

2. For the future I will update the install.pl script included in

http://install.loncapa.org/versions/linux/install.tar

used to prepare a Linux server/VM for LON-CAPA installation, so that
in the case of Ubuntu it will replace the distro's standard
/etc/apache2/mods-available/status.conf file with a modified version,
in which the <Location /server-status></Location> block is commented
out.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium