[LON-CAPA-admin] Submission issues

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Sat Jan 24 12:34:00 EST 2015

Mark,

> My question at this point is whether there is anyway sanctioned way
> to clean this up or whether the last part
> is basically a hand-graded problem at this point.

The forthcoming 2.11.1 release provides a method for use by a Course
Coordinator to convert a submission of the type you describe to
"hidden".

Specifically, for transactions displayed in the grading menu with the
"all submissions with details" option selected a "Hide" checkbox is
included for any transaction where the solved status for a part
changed from correct to incorrect in the case where:

(a) question type was not survey (anonymous or otherwise)
(b) this was not bubblesheet grading
(c) feedback on display of correctness to the student is enabled
(d) there was no "reset status" action between the submission of the
correct and
the incorrect.

Checking the "Hide" checkbox(es) for the specific transaction(s) and
then pushing the "Save & Next" button will convert the transaction(s)
to hidden, such that the solved status will change from "incorrect" to
"correct".

Although my policy is to avoid making modifications between releases
to LON-CAPA installations in the production cluster, which involve
more than a simple one or two line change to a single module, I have
not adhered to that in this partcular case when updating the msudemo
domain LON-CAPA server (s12) with the changes needed to support the
grading menu functionality described above.

So, if you would like to log-in to that server (switching the domain
from the default to ohiou), you will be able to use this 2.11.1
functionality to clean-up this particular instance of bug 6740 for a
multi-part problem for one particular student in one of your courses.

On a separate note, in the 2.11.1 release I also expect to include
other changes discussed in my comments in bug 6740, which should
eliminate the original "race condition" itself, assuming no issues are
seen during upcoming stress testing.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium