[LON-CAPA-admin] Files not replicating to fresh CENTOS 7 install access server

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:55:33 EST 2015

Mark,

> ca-certificates is installed.

The LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm for CentOS 7 (rev. 1-23.2) includes a
dependency on ca-certificates, so I would expect it to be installed.

Some things to try ...

1. Use openssl version -d
to determine which directory contains the certs subdirectory where the
trusted CA certs are located (usually /etc/pki/tls/certs).

2. Run the following test script on the command line on
capa8.phy.ohiou.edu (as user www) and report the output:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use LWP::UserAgent;
use IO::Socket::SSL;
use strict;

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(
    ssl_opts => {
       verify_hostname => 1,
       SSL_verify_mode => IO::Socket::SSL::SSL_VERIFY_NONE,
    },
);
my $response = $ua->get('https://s10.lite.msu.edu/adm/dns/hosts');
print "URL check ", $response->is_success ? 'succeeded' : 'failed', "\n";
print "status: ".$response->status_line."\n";

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium