[LON-CAPA-admin] Shib logout problem when redirected

Abdel Messeh, Maged mmesseh at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 8 14:40:49 EST 2015

Hi All,

I came across a problem when I log in to one of my access nodes, then go to my authoring space on the library server, it seems that the switch server function sends me to:

http://library1.lon-capa.uiuc.edu/....

rather than:

https://library1.lon-capa.uiuc.edu/...

When I click logout from there, I end up with a non-existing page http://library1.lon-capa.uiuc.edu/Shibboleth.sso/Logout
Rather than the working page, https://library1.lon-capa.uiuc.edu/Shibboleth.sso/Logout

I looked at the code in: /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/switchserver.pm

And noticed two places (line 101 and 196) where it specifies the url to start with http rather than https

I am not sure if this is the right place where the redirect is happening, but was wondering if there is any way to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Maged