[LON-CAPA-admin] lonmemcached_errors

Abdel Messeh, Maged mmesseh at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 6 12:59:48 EST 2015

Hi All,

Recently I have seen an error showing in lonmemcached_errors, the error message which repeats itself:

Failed to write, and not due to blocking: Broken pipe

At the same time I see a very high disk IO, and increased number of apache processes.  This happened on 2 of my access nodes.
This also was associated with many instances of Code Ran Too Long.

I am currently running Ubuntu 12 with memcached 1.4.13.  My access nodes have 6G of memory, during this time the free amount was around 0.5G-1G

Any thoughts on why I am seeing this? And what I can do about it?

Many thanks,

Maged